Re registering!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Re registering!

Postby Leah&Stella » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi, it looks like my account was deactivated (since I don't say much but enjoy visiting!) so I am introducing myself again. :)

I have 3 dogs - a male 5 y/o Boston Terrier named Marlon, a 3 y/o female pit bull named Stella and a 3 y/o male Lab x Pharaoh Hound named Rufus. Stella was adopted from Pit Bulls for Life in Alberta, and Rufus came from Bullies in Need in Ontario.

My husband and I moved to beautiful Kelowna BC in 2009 and I became involved with HugABull Advocacy and Rescue Society, hugabull.com . I was voted on to the Board this spring. I work directly with the dogs - pulling from local shelters, supporting foster homes, screening applicants and placing dogs in their forever homes. I have an amazing group of fosters and volunteers and we are excited to continue growing here in the Okanagan.

My focus now, and since her adoption, is on my problem child Stella. She used to be very leash reactive to strange dogs and has come a long long way. We are currently enrolled in a cicker-based Reactive Rover class (my first opportunity to do one, although I've wanted to for years) with the Beloved Beast out of Vernon. All my dogs have done some agility, and Stella also does Rally O and weight pull recreationally. We hope to go back to competing in Rally the fall (she has 2 Qs from her first trial).

In my other life, I am a Registered Nurse working in Critical Care, which I love.

Nice to meet you all (again).

Leah

Leah&Stella
Newborn Bully

Re: Re registering!

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:43 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome back. Nice weaves.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions