Hello, new from Texas!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello, new from Texas!

Postby BellaNSophiesMom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:04 am

Hello, everyone!

I am new to the boards after searching for a place to talk about my two precious girls, Bella and Sophie. They are both rescues from high-kill shelters in the North Texas area. Our first pit bull, Jake, was a stray who happened to come into our lives at six weeks old. We raised him for about two years, then because of work had to move to a new apartment. That apartment did not allow pits, but my in-laws were so in love with Jake, they offered to keep him temporarily. Well...they FELL IN LOVE...and now Jake is theirs! That might be a good thing, however, as he is about as hyper as they come. ;-)

My husband and I rescued Bella in September of last year after we bought our first home together. Bella was an owner surrender with a couple of days left. A beautiful blue pit bull with piercing golden eyes, she is the most laid-back, down-to-earth and loving dog I could imagine. We got very lucky with her temperament, seeing as we adopted her without having ever met her. Bella is really everything you could want in a dog. She lets me brush her teeth, clip her nails and groom her without a fuss. She loves to cuddle, lay in your lap and just give you love.

We also chose to save Sophie without meeting her. I happened to see her online and read that it was her last day. I fell in love with her eyebrow, hahaha. She's a black and white pretty little thing, with one black eye and a black eyebrow over the other. Simply adorable. When I called the shelter to inquire about her, they said she had already been put to sleep. I asked them to please go check; amazingly, I called right as they were putting Sophie on the table for a lethal injection. I cried, begging them to save her. But this particular shelter does not adopt out pit bulls to individuals ... They pretty much said "too bad, we have no space and no one wants her." Immediately, I called a rescue and asked them if they would pull her. They drove almost 400 miles, and Sophie was in my arms, covered in fleas and ticks by 9 that night. Talk about a marathon rescue. Sophie is about as opposite from Bella as you can get. Yes, she's loving and very attached to my husband and I like an pit, but she's apparently got a few screws loose and marbles missing. You'd just have to meet the girl. I mean, she runs into walls. She walks all over our bodies. When we don't get up with the alarm, she'll crawl up to you, slap your face and start clawing your arms. I just don't know about this one ... but I love her! LOL

Bella and Sophie are not by any means best buds. In fact, having a two-female pit bull household is not something I would ever recommend. Fortunately, after a few knock-down-drag-out fights that left me covered in bruises and cuts, we've learned to read their body language and know when it's time for a separation. Crate and rotate has worked miracles for us, as has plenty of outdoor exercise. We love our girls and hope to learn more about the breed while here. Thank you for having us!
BellaNSophiesMom
Newborn Bully

Hello, new from Texas!

Postby BellaNSophiesMom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:24 am

By the way, this is Bella:Image

And this is "Smiling" Sophie:

Together:

BellaNSophiesMom
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello, new from Texas!

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 am

Very cute! Welcome to the board :)
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby BellaNSophiesMom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 am

Thank you! They are my world! After my husband of course. :-)
BellaNSophiesMom
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:53 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome to you and your crew.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions