Hello from Chicago

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Chicago

Postby wannapibble » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:33 am

My wife and i are looking into getting an APBT. We have questions about breeders and look forward to hearing your advice.
wannapibble
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Chicago

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 am

Welcome! You're in the right place! Can you tell us more about yourself? There's a sample sticky at the top of this thread. We have a few responsible breeders on the board, but we are mostly a forum that supports pit bull rescue/adoption. We do support responsible breeders and would be happy to give you info to decide what is best for your household. Once approved, just start a thread in General about it.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby wannapibble » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Since I cannot post to other forums yet I will post my first question on here.

Has anyone heard of or had experience with this breeder? Dog Days Kennel kennel link removed. His mission is to breed pit bulls with less game, drive and dog aggression. He has started a program called zero aggression, and has 4 generations of dogs who have been bred specifically for these traits. Most of his customers are those with multiple dogs. He claims to have never had a complaint from any customers on issues of dog aggression. He also has a Facebook page where his clients discuss there dogs and show pics, etc.
wannapibble
Newborn Bully

Postby wannapibble » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 am

Curly_07 wrote:Welcome! You're in the right place! Can you tell us more about yourself? There's a sample sticky at the top of this thread. We have a few responsible breeders on the board, but we are mostly a forum that supports pit bull rescue/adoption. We do support responsible breeders and would be happy to give you info to decide what is best for your household. Once approved, just start a thread in General about it.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

My wife and I are in our mid 30's. I have owned a male APBT who passed away 4yrs ago. We currently own a male, 35lb Boston Bulldogge and are considering getting an APBT and managing a multi-dog household. We are interested in breeders who breed for a less game temperament. Any other questions about us please feel free to ask.
wannapibble
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:04 pm

I looked at the website. They are unquestionable puppy millers. They are doing multiple breedings of dogs with no titles (show or working) health (x-rays for hips/elbows/patellas) or temperament testing. Their price is ridiculously high, and the premise behind breeding low aggression dogs is the hallmark of someone looking to peddle puppies. They make inaccurate comments about their dog's bloodlines "Pure Ruffian", when there's no Ruffian dogs for 4 generations or more.

If finding a dog w/minimal dog aggression is critical for you (which is not unreasonable), I'd either look at another, non-terrier breed, or look for an adult dog that lives w/other dogs. :modwelcomeonly2:

Hey, I was partly wrong. They have health tested a number of their dogs (9), which does move them up the ladder in my opinion. I would still never consider buying a dog from them, but this does indicate that they are willing to spend some of their money on something very important when breeding.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions