hello from texas

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hello from texas

Postby justmenmydog » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 am

Hi my names is David, I have a 2 year old apbt mix named bandit. I know its not your typical name for a girl, but my wife named her after watching smokey and the bandit for the first time. I have owned many diff breeds of dogs I tend to lean more toward the misunderstood breeds like the apbt.
justmenmydog
Newborn Bully

Re: hello from texas

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:50 am

Welcome! My best friend and I had 2 curr pups from the same litter many years ago. Mine was Bandit, hers was Smokey :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 am

Welcome to you and your family!! I look forward to some pics of Bandit! My Mom had a girl dog named Bandit too.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby justmenmydog » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks everyone glad I'm not. The only one with a girl named bandit. I'm not real sure on how to post pics since I'm on my phone and not on a computer, but once I am able I will try to get some pics up of her.
justmenmydog
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 pm

The best way to post VIA phone is thru Tapatalk if you have a smart phone. Otherwise you have to use something like Photobucket.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby justmenmydog » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Ok thanks for the help
justmenmydog
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby justmenmydog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Ok I live here in east Texas wife my wife and two year old daughter and bandit my who is also two years old they are only 3 days apart. I am just now starting to train my dog in weight pulling. She has no problem with the weights its getting her to do it with other dogs around, if she sees another dog she thinks they are supposed to play with her. I would also like to get into dock diving if she ever gets over her dislike of water. After watching her jump our 8 foot privacy fence I thought she would do good at dock diving she just doesn't like water and I don't think she ever will. She is also the most loyal dog I think I have ever owned, she has a very good bond with my daughter and would protect her with her life. We love to go to the park for walks. It's just hard not to get mad when people tell me my dog is a killer and how I'm a horrible parent for having this dog around my kid. As the area I live in is very anti pitt bull after a couple of attacks one the ended with the child dead. So I have had to fight that as also bsl here as well. But I knew when I adopted my first apbt that it would be a uphill battle, but one I'm willing to fight. I have owned apbts since about 6 years ago when I find one wondering around the area I work in. She was covered in mange had no hair left at all, she had teeth falling out from not eating and only weighed about 15 pounds. After calling her over she still came to me with her tail waging and a smie. At the time i had no kids and a very good job so I was able to pay the vet bills she needed and get her back on track. After only 5 months she was healthy and had put on 40 pounds. She was the most loving dog she just didn't like to be around kids. So after my wife got pregnant we had to give her away but she went to a loving home out in the country were she is free to run with there dogs. After her I have been able to rescue 4 pitt bulls and fins them loving homes. My dream is one day to open my own rescue.
justmenmydog
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:05 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions