Fitting

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Fitting

Postby Naomi » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 pm

I have a 6 month old sbt x apbt. Last night he had on huge fit and then about half an hour later a partial fit. Then today he was running.on the field and fell over and had another partial fit. He has been seen by a vet and has had a blood test, everything has come back normal. I have been told to.monitor human have been given diazepam rectal tubes. I have been told that if he fits and the diazepam doesn't stop it to take him straight to the emergency clinic. He hasn't had anymore fits yet but I'm very worried.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Naomi
Newborn Bully

Fitting

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:01 pm

If he keeps having seizures, I'd ask for a neurology referral. If that's not an option and he keeps seizing, I'd consider anti-seizure meds.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Fitting

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:33 pm

More than 2 seizures in one day is a medical emergency and requires a visit to the ER the SAME DAY!

More than 1 seizure a month requires daily medication.

Time for another trip to the vet.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Naomi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 am

He had one more fit and I had to give diazepam. Poor boy. He hasn't had anymore yet. The vet is reluctant yo give phenobarb (epiphen) as they are very bad for the liver and with him being young she would rather wait. She has said if he has anymore over weekend he's being referred

Naomi
Newborn Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Naomi wrote:He had one more fit and I had to give diazepam. Poor boy. He hasn't had anymore yet. The vet is reluctant yo give phenobarb (epiphen) as they are very bad for the liver and with him being young she would rather wait. She has said if he has anymore over weekend he's being referred

Huh, I guess I'd seek a referral then, and not wait for another seizure - he's having WAY too many seizures to not be medicated or have a thorough workup. The next seizure could be the one that sends him over into uncontrollable seizures.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues