CAN YOU HELP ME?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Postby boy1075 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:17 am

Good day to everyone.

Can you help regarding about my dog "pitbull" :D

Its been years (about 2) that he is still having drop of blood in his genital. (it usually occur when it is to hot) I have consulted the vet and didnt find anything unusual about it. In my own observation he looks good and performing well as he walk and run. As I remember it started when he got an opportunity to mate to a fellow dog lover. Several days after the intercourse.

What do you think is it?
Hope you can help me.

Thank you very much.

Ingat ( take care)
boy1075
Newborn Bully

Re: CAN YOU HELP ME?

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:29 am

Blood from the penis is very much not normal. Possible causes could be prostatic cancer, urinary tract infections, and there are transmissible venereal tumors (sexually transmitted disease) that can bleed.

If your veterinarian was not concerned about this problem, I would find a new veterinarian.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mooresmajestic » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I would find a new vet. Blood coming from the genitals of a male dog is never normal.

P.s. STDs like Brucella (Brucellosis) are transmittable to humans (fairly easily) and can make a person sterile. A simple blood test is needed to rule it out.

An infection of some sort, whether its urinary or otherwise is also easy to test for.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby boy1075 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:21 am

that what he said :D it is normal :D @ misskiwi
actually the vet i am refering to is friend of mine :D
the blood spotting is not dropping everyday but i will ask and seek help to other vet to be sure.

thank you for timer @ mooremajestic and misskiwi

ingat (take care)
boy1075
Newborn Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:09 pm

boy1075 wrote:that what he said :D it is normal :D @ misskiwi
actually the vet i am refering to is friend of mine :D
the blood spotting is not dropping everyday but i will ask and seek help to other vet to be sure.

thank you for timer @ mooremajestic and misskiwi

ingat (take care)

Well, this vet disagrees. Normal dogs do not have blood in their urine, and I'd love to see a textbook that disagrees with me.

When the vet is a friend, its harder to find a second opinion, but I really think you should.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby boy1075 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:21 am

yup, honestly, it is hard to take second opinion because he can easily know, but before i ask, i told my friend.

glad tiding, pitbull is in goood shape the blood droppings already stop and were looking forward for better days would come.

thank you for time.
boy1075
Newborn Bully

Postby Sunburn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:22 am

Hello!
To keep it real- he´s got a drop of blood now and then on his weenie- no blood in the urin and not much blood on his genital, only a drop now and then? My first dog was a male and he had a too tight foreskin- thats nothing lifethreatening or dangerous, but a little cut from your vet shoould solve the problem if it is what I think.
Regards

Chris
Sunburn
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues