Hi, I'm Gabs.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi, I'm Gabs.

Postby gabs » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I joined this site seeking help. First off, let me show you what my dog looks like:
Her name is Ammy, she is half American pit bull (a girl said that's what kind of pitbull she might be judging from the patterns in her spots) and half jack russel. So she's quite the handful. She turned 8 this year. When I was 11, I came home from school and lo' and behold, I had gotten a puppy! She was 6 months old when my uncle surprised me with her, but he didn't tell me what kind of pit bull she is so we're just guessing she's American pit bull.
gabs
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi, I'm Gabs.

Postby gabs » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:06 pm

And I just realized my introduction is a little short. Oops! Well, I'm 19 years old and I live near Chicago, IL. c: My dog, Ammy (sometimes called Baby, Ammu, Babu, I know it's weird, LOL), gets along with puppies, but not big dogs because she's been attacked by 2 of them while we walked her. She loves being outside and running. She's medium-sized and overly friendly, she jumps on guests and loves women and kids. I don't know why she's not fond of guys though. Very strange.

Now, about me. [; I have a big interest in fashion and all things cute (puppies, Hello Kitty, etc). I'm an artist and a writer so I'm hoping to publish something when I get older. Oh, I also like anime, which is what inspired me to draw. I'm a casual fan of course. I'm a homebody meaning I'd rather stay home and play the Sims, read a good book, or chat with people from around the world. Tomorrow I start my 3rd semester of college, and I'm not looking forward to it. Simply because I am lazy. OTZ Now for my dislikes? I hate it when people use YOLO and are serious about it. I don't like country songs, bigots, slut-shaming, and cigarette smoke.

What me and Ammy have in common is that we enjoy the simple things in life. She likes the way the sprinkle of poprocks feel against her tongue (I only have her a pinch, of course!). When I'm about to sleep, I can hear her little feet climbing the stairs so she can sleep by my side. While she enjoys long walks, I enjoy dancing around the house when no one is home while the music is blasting from the basement.
gabs
Newborn Bully

Postby Youaremysuicide » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Welcome to you and your pup! She is adorable. I would like to point out though that there is only ONE 'pit bull' and that's the American pit bull terrier. The media and breed bans tend to lump all of the bully breeds together and label them 'pit bulls'. Also, numerous breeds aside from the bully breeds come in brindle, so you can't call a dog a 'pit bull' just because it's that coat pattern! This forum has lots of helpful stuff, though, so welcome and have some fun! :welcome:
Youaremysuicide
Newborn Bully

Postby gabs » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:07 pm

WHAT? Are you serious? I thought there were multiple kinds of pit bulls. @ _ @ Ohmygod, thank you for clearing that up! See, another reason why I joined was so I can learn more!
gabs
Newborn Bully

Postby Youaremysuicide » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Youaremysuicide
Newborn Bully

Postby gabs » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm not being sarcastic! I'm being serious. Is it cause I use too many emoticons? orz Cause I really am grateful that you're informing me!
gabs
Newborn Bully

Postby Youaremysuicide » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:05 am

I guess it was because you just seemed so excited. Lol. But I guess that's a good thing! I love it when people are actually willing to learn, I feel it's such an important part of owning this breed. (or any other breed, but especially the bully breeds)
Youaremysuicide
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 am

Well, actually, the term "pit bull" is a blanket term for all of the bully breeds; APBT, AST, SBT, AmBully... Back in the day however, pit bull was coined for dogs that fought in the pit. Over the years it was then uses only for the APBT. But in todays day, its a blanket term.

Welcome to you! I hope you stick around and enjoy it here. Read as much as you can, and ask questions.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby gabs » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 am

youaremysuicide: Oops! It's cause I really am excited and I feel the same way! I researched a bit on her breed and read articles (good and bad) before joining. Today, I read some of the topics because I want to learn and understand her better, also talk to others about our babies. . u .

curly: Wow, that's pretty informative, and thank you for the welcome!
gabs
Newborn Bully

Postby boy1075 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:36 am

it is good to meet a fellow dog lover. :welcome: gabs and ammy
boy1075
Newborn Bully

Postby Sunburn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:18 am

Hi Gabs,

that´s a great dog you have there and you seem to be a great person, too. Have fun!

regards

Chris
Sunburn
Newborn Bully

Postby gabs » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Wow, everyone is so friendly! [: Thank you, for the warm welcomes.
gabs
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome to PBF
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions