Hi, iam a 1st time Pit owner from Ireland

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi, iam a 1st time Pit owner from Ireland

Postby Athloneman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi, my name is mark and i need some true advise please, I have just taken ownership of a 8 wk old Male Pitbull and i have heard so many bad stories i am now beginning to wonder if i have done the right thing for the following reason. I already have a 10yr old choc brown Lab and a 3 year old boxer and both are male. I love the new boy but not sure aht the future will bring. The Pit was bought as a present to us from our son. Please, advise is needed.
Athloneman
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi, iam a 1st time Pit owner from Ireland

Postby boy1075 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:49 am

:welcome: those are stories of narrow minded thinkers, in this forum you learn, understand, and enjoy the breed that we love.
you have a lot of experiences of dog and that would be a factor.

hope to see some pictures of you and your pets...

ingat ( take care)
boy1075
Newborn Bully

Postby Athloneman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:12 am

Many thanks Ingat and i will post some pictures soon. :) :run:
Athloneman
Newborn Bully

Postby Mooresmajestic » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:35 am

While you are going to have your work cut out for you with 3 boys, it can be done. I have 3 females, 2 of which are pit bulls and 1 is a Chihuahua mix. It isn't a ideal, but it can work, it just comes down to management. There is a ton of great information on this forum, and the members run from new pit bull owners to hard core dog show folk to trainers and veterinary professionals, and everything in between.

Don't be scared off because of what you hear in the media. While bad things do happen, they are much more rare than one would lead to believe.

Your experience with Boxers will help you too. Yes, the breeds do have their differences, they have quite a few similaritys as well.

Welcome to PBF!
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Athloneman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Many thanks to all that have giving their opinion and advise on my delema. Its very much appreciated. Thanks again. Iam still trying to figure out how to post a picture of my new addition :)
Athloneman
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Welcome! I'm glad you have reached out for advice and are here to educate yourself. Three dogs of any variety can be challenging. Just ensure you do proper training, socialization, ask tons of questions regardless of how dumb you may think they are, and prepare yourself. Proper management and training are the key. Like said above, labs and boxers have many similarities to pit bulls, but they also have some differences. I can't wait to see pics of your new addition!

From a computer you can use something like Photobucket. From your smart phone you can download Tapatalk like many of us do and post pics/topics straight from your phone.

See ya around!

-Nat, Curly Sue, and Lady Bug

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions