Skylar Irie

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Re: Skylar Irie

Postby boy1075 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 am

:welcome: hope you and the new member of the family we go through the circumstances smooth.

we our hoping to see the continous development of "skylar irie"

ingat (take care)
boy1075
Newborn Bully

Postby MissKitty » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:09 pm

MVerwey wrote:The one thing stopping Miami AC from taking the dog away, is that there is no standard or real registry for Service Dog Certification, there are no actual requirements to say that a dog Is a service dog besides the basic principles that a dog must act and conform to in a social setting. Also, there is no certification or training for a person to be a Serice Dog Trainer I can actually go on a website called USSDR, register the dog in 30 seconds and get a Certification No. And slap the number on a dog tag and call it a service dog in training and I'm good To go.

Whether or not this is the route I will be choosing is a different story.

If you really have trained service dogs in the past, you will know that what I'm saying is 100% correct.

The ADA does *not* apply to a service dog in training. Your dog will only be protected under federal law if she is a fully trained service dog, until then you are putting her life at risk. In order to be a trained service dog, the dog must perform a task(s) that mitigates your disability.
You may want to educate yourself further on the ADA if you plan on butting heads with Miami County ordinances.
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Skylar Irie

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 pm

You know, I live in Ontario but I really really want a Pitbull puppy. I just KNOW mine will be the one to inspire a change in laws. Yep, I want one so I'm going to ignore the fact that he may be taken and killed but I'm human and I want what I want, laws be damned!

/end non-constructive rant.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Ilovethepits » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:36 am

To the OP. I am not familiar with the ADA rules governing service dogs BUT I do trust the information given to you by the other members of this forum.

When I welcomed your new pup I didn't think you could possibly live in Miami.

I highly suggest you visit the Miami Dade Animal Services IN PERSON and any of the multitude of Face Book rescue sites concerning the Urgent Dogs of Miami.

This is just some of the reality of illegal pit bull ownership in Miami Dade County, Florida:

http://www.miamidade.gov/animals/

https://www.facebook.com/urgentdogsofmiami

http://pitbull.rescueme.org/Florida
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby MVerwey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 am

I guessi got nothing to worry about since the Vets have written her off as a different breed. This forum was very "useful".
MVerwey
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 am

It doesn't matter what breed your vet says she is. AC has a checklist of physical characteristics to "determine" if the dog is a pit bull of any type. If she fits ANY of those on the checklist, she is not safe. You're an ignorant inconsiderate git.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby MVerwey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am

And you are adorable you cute little thing you ;)
MVerwey
Newborn Bully

Postby MVerwey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 am

You really shouldn't be so butthurt
MVerwey
Newborn Bully

Skylar Irie

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:54 am

Bet you'll come seeming advice when your dog gets pinched. They always do.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby MVerwey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:57 am

Seeming? No.
Seeking? Also, no.
MVerwey
Newborn Bully

Postby Youaremysuicide » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm

If you haven't heard the story of Lennox, maybe you should. He was DNA tested and PROVEN he wasn't a 'pit bull' and he did NOTHING wrong. The AC still took him away. Let him waste away in a cage and even denied his family rights to see him before they euthanized him. Wouldn't even let them come get the body. It doesn't matter if the vet wrote her off as another breed, you're being very selfish and careless. She could pay with her life because of YOUR decisions.
Youaremysuicide
Newborn Bully

Postby MVerwey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 pm

She's already in my home, so I don't know why you people are still arguing. Thanks for everything, I am obviously in the wrong forum.
MVerwey
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm starting to think you're a troll. For the sake of your dog I sure hope you are.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby MVerwey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Are you stillrambling? Get a life.

I'm starting to think you're a fraud and you're really not a vet, nor are you a service dog handler.
MVerwey
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:50 pm

MVerwey you are a disservice to your dog, the fight against BSL and to service dogs everywhere (and the organizations that help create them). While I understand your want (or even your need) for certain things-every.single.day you're putting your dog's life at risk (no matter what the vet's office says-have you seen the news?). It's simply foolish of you to think you've outsmarted your local laws. I completely disagree with BSL, but the fact that you live in an area where you know it exists and still choose to get a dog that falls under it confounds me. So does your blasé attitude towards it. Clearly your dog is not important to you. What’s that they say, laws like BSL only hurt those that follow it-not those brazen enough to completely disregard it? So now, you're breaking the law, you're putting your dog’s life at risk, AND you're taking advantage of service dogs (gesh, how do we report people like you). While, as you said, it is not as regulated as it should be, clearly you know you're in the wrong. Your dog is not certified-until it is...and how long will that take? Who knows if you even seriously need a service dog? It's as if you're spitting in the faces of people who DO need a service dog and who go about getting one the right way, whether or not "it takes forever".

You are not someone I want on the side of Pit Bulls. In no way shape or form do you represent a responsible Pit Bull owner.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions