Hello from NC

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from NC

Postby Daddywayne » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello, my name is Wayne, from NC. I am the lucky owner of 2 APBTs, Rocco and Murcie. We enjoy hiking, swimming and paddleboarding together. We also have a geriatric beagle and blind beagle /pointer mix. We have had several animals over the years, all rescues or strays. Murcie is our newest addition, the victim of breed specific ban by her owner's home owners association. Rocco was abandoned in an apartment when his owners moved away and left him behind as a puppy, in 2010. Our Beagle Betty was rescued from Mecklenburg County animal control in 1999. Our Beagle / pointer mix Trish was dropped off in the parking lot of my wife's place of business in 2001 . She went blind a couple years ago, but remains happy and healthy otherwise. Rocco's friend and playmate, a pit/mastiff mix named Charlie Murphy died suddenly in June 2012, thus our decision to adopt Murcie August 2012. Our blind and geriatric pups were not interested in playing with Rocco. Rocco and Murcie have become fast friends, and play vigorously. Rocco is now ready to sleep at night, where he had been energetic and restless when we didn't get out for exercise. Murcie is becoming more social with our walks and visits to public places, following Rocco's lead. She had been confined to her house for most of her 11 months due to threats and attempted poisonings by neighbors. She is very sweet, laid back, quick with licks, submissive with new dogs, not food aggressive...we have been very fortunate. I support the local low cost spay/neuter clinic and I'm opposed to breeding of pit bulls due to the large number of pit bull euthanasia cases in shelters everywhere. My pooches are spayed, neutered and microchipped. My APBTs are the best dogs I've owned, hands down. I can't imagine not having at least one in the future.
Daddywayne
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from NC

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Welcome to you Wayne and your big fur-family!! Thank you SO much for rescuing and for supporting your local spay/neuter programs.

I am so very sorry for your recent loss of Murphy. Rest In Peace Murphy.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Hello from NC

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 pm

You are awesome. Welcome!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Welcome! :welcome:

Finally a good intro! Thank you for adopting/rescuing your kidos, and for being a responsible dog owner! This intro makes me :)
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:37 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions