Hey guys

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hey guys

Postby PittyMommy2 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm Emilee and I'm from SC and a proud mom of two pitties :) I had never been around pits until I met someone at a dog park, who would become my best friend, who had a 2 yr old female pit that I absolutely fell in love with. She changed my entire outlook and perception on the breed. I now have a 2 yr old male light chocolate brindle, who is the first love of my life. I found a post online from a woman that had 6 week old puppies under her shed and needed people to come get them. I was recovering from a bad car wreck and was learning how to walk so my friend went and got him. He was the dirtiest, big bellied boy! I got him all cleaned up and healthy while he stayed by my side and lifted my spirits while I recovered. He use to ride in a sling bag on my walker :)
Three weeks ago I came across another add for 8 week old puppies that needed a home. I'm not a fan of BYB, but if a puppy needs help it doesn't matter where it came from. I drove an hour to get her. When we get there, there were 7 pits on 4 foot chains all around her trailer. My heart broke. The lady brings out a tiny all bones girl. My heart dropped at the sight of her! It took me and a friend over an hour to get all the fleas off her tiny body. This was later at night so the next morning she went to the vet. She was 2.2 lbs at 8 weeks, very anemic, filled with every worm and parasite, eat up with coccidia, thin hair with bald spots, and very malnourished. 10 days of meds later she was parasite and worm free and no longer anemic! After two weeks she was then 4.5 lbs! She's looking so much better and full of life and spunk. She's a great eater and is learning command fast. Her hair loss was from the fleas and is clearing up. We are now facing another issue. She's "knuckling over" so I'm looking for any advice one might have for me!
Finding the love of a pitbull was one of the greatest things I've found. Their love is unconditional. I am without a doubt the love of my dogs' life :) They are too smart for their own good and can sometime outsmart me lol. Im new to forums so I'm looking forward to reading people's experiences, getting advice, and just learning and sharing with people who have the same passion as I do :)
PittyMommy2
Newborn Bully

Hey guys

Postby cookiexd40 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:56 am

Welcome!!!

First of all pics or the dogs don't exist! Lmao I wanna see these pitties!

Secondly you seem to be an advocate of the breed and to that I say thank you!

Sent via rotary phone txt MSG
cookiexd40
Newborn Bully

Hey guys

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:55 am

When you took that puppy from the BYBer, you rewarded her for her neglect and abuse and you helped sentence your pup's parents to a lifetime of it by telling the POS breeder that there's a market for her puppies.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Hey guys

Postby PittyMommy2 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 pm

I'd have to disagree. There was no way I was leaving her there.
And I'm not sure how to upload pics :/ I can't seem to figure it out.
PittyMommy2
Newborn Bully

Postby ratm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:43 pm

I too disagree with Allison. Congrats on the new addition to your family.
ratm
Newborn Bully

Hey guys

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:16 am

Disagree all you want, that's what forums are for. But you won't find many people here who will pat you on the back for supporting a BYBer when countless pitbulls, puppies included, are being euthanized in shelters.

What you SHOULD have done, if the situation was so terrible, was to report them, write a letter to the editor, anything to help save ALL the dogs. Instead, you've shown her that it doesn't matter what state she keeps her dogs in because people will still buy her puppies. I'm sorry, but if you think you've done right, I have to disagree. You saved that one pup while her parents and the other breeding dogs are still stuck in misery.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Youaremysuicide » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 am

I have to agree with Allison. Intentionally or not you were supporting bybers. And while you saved a pup, what about the parents? What about the numerous puppies that those dogs are going to produce since she knows that people will still buy them? Bybers are the reason so many 'pit bulls' die in shelters. And their poorly bred dogs are always the ones you see in the news. If you want to rescue a dog or a puppy even, go to a shelter!
Youaremysuicide
Newborn Bully

Hey guys

Postby KanersHuman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm

I would wager that legitimate breeders are responsible for an equal share of dead shelter dogs. Who in their right mind would breed a single dog knowing how many there are being euthanized every day.
KanersHuman
Adolescent Bully

Hey guys

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm

KanersHuman wrote:I would wager that legitimate breeders are responsible for an equal share of dead shelter dogs. Who in their right mind would breed a single dog knowing how many there are being euthanized every day.

I disagree. A truly legitimate breeder has lined up responsible homes well before a litter is even born, breeds a small number of dogs and takes back any dogs if the situation arises that the owner cannot keep the puppy.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby KanersHuman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm purely speaking of supply and demand. Those responsible home owners could be saving dogs from euthanasia.

As responsible fans of the breed i would think that legitimate breeders would be even less likely to continue breeding them knowing how out of control the situation is. So its like you guys are saying that average (uneducated about the facts and scale of the problem) joe on the street is bad and part of the problem but people who know exactly whats going on (because they are breeders and educated about all aspects of the issue) are not part of the problem? I don't agree with this. It's not logical.

The following is a real world example of just how little the average person knows about whats going on. I am 37 years old. I always assumed that euthanized shelter dogs were strays that bred on the streets and became feral and dangerous. Last year Kaner ended up at my house because my cousin byb'ed him and my sister took him home at Christmas because he was cute and fuzzy. I was offered a dog at the same time and refused because i have never had a pet due to allergies. A few months later Kaner is living with me because two other people that my sister tried to give him two didn't work out. 1 guy chained him up in a yard for 3 weeks where he almost died and another was training him to fight.

Once i had Kaner, formed a bond that led to soul mate type love...i decided to start finding out about him. After hours and days and weeks of ready this article or that article it dawned on me that Kaner had 7 siblings. It was difficult to find a stable home for Kaner so i can only imagine what happened to his 7 siblings. Half will probably end up being put down another quarter will spend their lives changed to a tree or post. It's horrible. All these years when i saw puppies all i could see is cute fuzzy love. Now when i see puppies my stomach turns thinking about where most of them are headed. My sister was an idiot for taking a dog she couldn't (wouldn't) keep but at least she has ignorance as an excuse.
KanersHuman
Adolescent Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:22 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:
KanersHuman wrote:I would wager that legitimate breeders are responsible for an equal share of dead shelter dogs. Who in their right mind would breed a single dog knowing how many there are being euthanized every day.

I disagree. A truly legitimate breeder has lined up responsible homes well before a litter is even born, breeds a small number of dogs and takes back any dogs if the situation arises that the owner cannot keep the puppy.

Correct Allison! My view as well. Responsible breeders are also needed to keep the breed true (for any breed). I will always adopt or rescue animals, but I do understand the need for responsible breeders.

To the OP... I'm glad that you are happy with your pup, and what matters from here on out is that you do your best to ensure the best life possible for that dog. However, you do need to realize the outcome of your actions. We are a very honest, caring group of dog lovers here, and most of us put so much time in to help save animals lives, to educate people, and to be responsible owners. Some of us are just straight to the point, and sometimes come off a little harsh. But, the truth is, we have a very good reason for this. We want you and any others to realize that, yes, you may have saved that 1 dogs life, but in return for your actions you have caused the parents of said dog and all of the others to continue being mistreated, as well as there being one more dog euthenized that you could have adopted. There are plenty of Pit Bull dogs and many pure bred dogs in shelters, as well as rescues, that need homes and saving much more than that dog you "saved". We aren't trying to attack you, or run you off. We just want you to realize things, and learn from your mistakes. I too once paid for a BYB puppy, that I thought I was saving. It took me a year to see that I hadn't really helped at all. I only encouraged that BYB to put 2 more litters out that same year. It sucks when you're wrong, I know. This is why I do all that I do now...I'm trying to make up for my wrong. I don't know if I will ever feel satisfied that I've done enough to right that wrong.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby PittyMommy2 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Actually I did report them. Reported the dogs and called DSS about the kids. Also, I'm not looking for an applause. I did what I did from my heart. As long as I have peace in my heart and know I got them for the RIGHT reasons, I'm fine with it. I don't regret a single bit of it. They have brought my life so much joy.
PittyMommy2
Newborn Bully

Postby gharrissc » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Hello and welcome
gharrissc
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:53 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator