NILIF

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
AllisonPitbullLvr

Re: NILIF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Right, what Curly said. Chewing isn't an attention seeking behavior like barking, nipping, nudging is. It's a natural dog behavior that, when given proper chew toys, offers them entertainment.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks Allison! I totally forgot to explain the difference and why... NILIF is to work on curbing unwanted behaviors to get what is wanted, not to stop natural behavior.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

<3myBoogie
Newborn Bully

Postby <3myBoogie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Gotcha. Thanks guys. I'm so glad i found this.

Das Disco
Newborn Bully

Postby Das Disco » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm

I just want to say that thanks to member Curly_07 i have really been reading on ways to both bond and train out new puppy, Bruno.

My fiance and I are both heavily against abuse... Be it between a man and woman or a pet and its owner so we are very thrilled with this system.

We are going to start implementing these tactics with Bruno's every day life starting tonight.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Glad I can help! Also, I thnik you said something about potty training....please do a google search for "positive dog potty training", and search for it here on the forum too if you want. We've had a few threads on potty training puppies and adults here.

Das Disco
Newborn Bully

Postby Das Disco » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Success!

We have started training Bruno the basic commands like sit and stand. We would teach him by saying the command and helping him perform it then we gave him his dinner and this morning his breakfast. He likes to give me a little bark when i say stand because i think he is still learning but he got the sit command down really fast.

As far as going to the bathroom we have been keeping him on a solid schedule. We take him to his grass area and say pee and when he starts peeing and praise him when he goes to the bathroom. He has not had any accidents inside since two days so i think we are really making progress with him.

:run:

Return to “Training and Behavior”