Kadreena&roxy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Kadreena&roxy

Postby Kadreena » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:30 pm

So recently we had a dog kind of dropped on us, we had been looking for a dog but I was uninterested in buying from a breeder. So we put the word out that I was looking and started seaching rescues for the perfect dog for me. My boyfriends boss had a friend who was having a rough time(lost his job, girlfriend,and was about to lose his place) and had a pitbull boxer x named roxy roller that needed a home before he moved to work on the oil rigs. I was apprehensive, I work with dogs and I wont lie the over excited boxers I meet at work and her previous owners hectic life were not encouraging. I agreed to meet the dog anyways, we met at a dog park on a very busy afternoon and that was that, I was smitten by her big brown eyes and laid back personality, so we agreed to take her on the condition she would be spayed before she came to live with us. A feaweeks later after no contact he calls to say he cant afford the spay so I tell him fine ill get it done but he needs to tell me when to book it. No contact except a message through my boyfriends boss that we might get her in september, then nothing so began looking again.

The out of the blue this weekend he calls to say we can have roxy saturday night or sunday becaue he was leaving monday, this came as a surprise as we hadnt heard from him in forever so we were in the process of moving into a new house, but either we took her or worked around moving and getting her spayed so she could come to work with me or he would toss her to the pound or the first person to answer a kijiji ad. So as the bleeding heart in me pleaded, we took her home yesterday.

Shes on shut down now, not crated as she has some anxiety over the crate that we're working on, were also working on nilif slowley but surely. Lots of fun treats hidden in her crate and a handful of kibble in my pocket at all times, lol I smell great! Anytime she does what shes supposed to a tasty treat pops under her nose. Not working on commands much obviously, except sit because she pulls like a beast on leash for her potty breaks. Im amazed by how much she sleeps for being just over a year, and we'll be off to the vet soon for her spay as well.

Basically im here to learn all I can to help thia girl have a good life.
Kadreena
Newborn Bully

Re: Kadreena&roxy

Postby Kadreena » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh wow just read that over, sorry about the bad spelling/gramnar im on my phone and my auto correct is horrible.
Kadreena
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Welcome! Thank you for having an awesome heart and taking this dog in. I think you are doing everything right so far. Please check out the Dog Park thread in General I think it is, if you plan to continue taking her there like her owner did. I wish you tons of good luck with your adventures with her!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Welcome! She sounds like a lucky girl! Are you guys in AB?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Kadreena » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:13 pm

We are in calgary alberta, I am not intending on continuing to go to the off leash park. The things that her previous owner didnt tell me are mounting, she is being very reactive when she sees dogs even from down the street while shes in the yard. Also she keeps having these barking fits at me where she runs at me then crouches, lunging, growling and barking in a seemingly aggressive fashion, im reaching out to local owners and trainers I know in hopes to adress this issue. I am concerned at this point that I may not meet her needs, she never does this towards my boyfriend only me.
Kadreena
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
I hope we can help you out.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions