Intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Intro

Postby DogGirl24 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello!!

I have a rescued 4 year old pit bull mix that I rescued from the South. She is sweet as can be but still needs some work in the manners department! She gets VERY excited to see people. I figured I should join this forum to discuss training techniques used (positive reinforcement). I also volunteer with animal shelters and help to spread the word about puppy mills, the positives of spaying and neutering, dog fighting signs and proper treatment of animals, and adoption over purchasing a dog.

I hope to get some great advise and be ale to share stories!
DogGirl24
Newborn Bully

Re: Intro

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Welcome! Thanks for adopting!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Welcome! Thank you for all you do to help! Hope you enjoy it here. Check out the training section for tons of positive training techniques. See you around!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby DogGirl24 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:01 am

Sure! I am 29 years old and my dogs name is Gwen. I grew up in New Jersey. My family got our first dog when I was 12 years old. Since then, my love for dogs has grown tremendously! My family has always had Vizslas which is another breed that I think is truly amazing!! Gwen, my rescued "pit" mix is 4 years old now and gets along great with my parents Vizsla and Yorkie. I rescued Gwen originally thinking that she was a Dogo Argentino mix however at 4 years old and 60 lbs (she has gained some weight she should be 50!) she is def some type of "pit" mix! I have thought about the DNA testing just because I am curious to know what she is, but I haven't done it yet. I'm not sure how to add a Picture...can I upload it directly from my phone (smartphone)??
DogGirl24
Newborn Bully

Postby DogGirl24 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:02 am

Sure! I am 29 years old and my dogs name is Gwen. I grew up in New Jersey. My family got our first dog when I was 12 years old. Since then, my love for dogs has grown tremendously! My family has always had Vizslas which is another breed that I think is truly amazing!! Gwen, my rescued "pit" mix is 4 years old now and gets along great with my parents Vizsla and Yorkie. I rescued Gwen originally thinking that she was a Dogo Argentino mix however at 4 years old and 60 lbs (she has gained some weight she should be 50!) she is def some type of "pit" mix! I have thought about the DNA testing just because I am curious to know what she is, but I haven't done it yet. I'm not sure how to add a Picture...can I upload it directly from my phone (smartphone)??
DogGirl24
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 am

You can upload pics directly from your phone if you are using the forum through the Tapatalk app. If not, then you have to upload pics to something like Photobucket first. I use the Tapatalk app most of the time. It's great cause I can set up all my other forums on it as well, and I'm always connected and getting updates right on my phone.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions