Greetings from Florida (and Mt. Olympus)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings from Florida (and Mt. Olympus)

Postby tmm522 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Tara and I'm posting from "sunny" south Florida. I'm here with my puppy Zeus, who is a Catahoula Leopard Dog / Lab / Pit mix! I don't have great experience owning pit bulls or other bull breeds, but I've spent enough time around friends' and family members' pooches to fall in love with the breeds! My favorite thing about them is their sense of humor - they crack me up (and they know it!).

My pup Zeus is not quite 6 months old now. We got him at about 10 weeks old from a puppy/kitten rescue that "specializes" in rescuing pregnant or nursing momma dogs, fostering the pups until they're old enough and healthy enough, and then finding forever homes for mom and pups! We thought it was a great cause, so we did some research and waited for the right puppy to come along... That's how we found Zeus! His mom was being forced into a gassing chamber while in labor in Louisiana, but the employees could not get the gasser turned on before the first pup was born and saved them all. A few different rescues said they would take the pups, but never showed up at the shelter to pick them up, until Second Chance caught wind of the situation. At only 4 days old, Zeus, his mom and littermates were flown on a 2-seater plane from Louisiana to Florida where they were safely fostered and eventually all adopted out (even mom!).

Since he's been with us, he's been an absolute joy. We love watching him prance around, chase his toys, roll on the ground, and have little "pit fits." He always makes us laugh! His favorite place to go is the beach! He has tons of fun in the sand and waves! He also is very smart, and gets compliments everywhere we go on his good behavior.

I stumbled upon this forum by accident, but I'm very glad that I did! Its nice to be able to have a connection to other pit owners and advocates of the breed! I look forward to reading and joining the discussions here!

Here's some pics of Zeus, as a pup:

And now:

tmm522
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings from Florida (and Mt. Olympus)

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:03 pm

He's a cute lil thang! Thank you for adopting and opening your heart up! Glad you stumbled upon us, hopefully you enjoy it here. We are a huge pit bull rescue type forum with a small handful of responsible breeders that also help out. There are tons of info here as well to help in almost any situation that may arise. Hope to see you around!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 pm

:welcome: from a fellow Florida resident! *waves*
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:27 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions