Wallace and Roo are having troubles...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Wallace and Roo are having troubles...

Postby HappyPuppy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:52 pm

I don't see this posted here yet --- CROSSPOSTING WORRISOME MEDICAL NEWS... RE WALLACE THE DISK DOG... :po:

(We are thinking healing thoughts for you guys!!!!!!!!)

QUOTE:
I am assuming that most people know who Wallace is. He is the most amazing disc dog, a Pit Bull rescued by Roo Yori who helped make him into one of the biggest, if not the biggest star in our breed.
He had emergency surgery for a bleeding splenic tumor last tuesday. Usually, those are not good news, and the suspicion is, that this one isn't good, either.
Please keep him in your thoughts. Send him some well-wishes on Facebook. I am sure, Roo will appreciate it, and so will Wallace.

Also, this all happened shortly after the release of a book about his life-story. I am pretty sure that Roo could use the money from the book sales to pay for Wallace's medical bills.. not to mention that, on the same day that Wallace went into surgery, Roo's other dog tore his cruciate ligament... that, too will be a bill to contend with. Let's help them get through this.

http://www.facebook.com/WallaceTheBook (< i think i copied this right...?)

Read more: http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread. ... z25iywDOg1
HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Re: Wallace and Roo are having troubles...

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 pm

I've been watching this on FB...scary stuff. Although from what I understand he's feeling well enough to beg and Hector just licked a chicken, lol.

Can't wait for Wallace to get better!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Following on FB as well.

BEST WISHES TO THE ENTIRE Yori Family!!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:17 am

They just posted bad news about poor Wallace. The mass that was removed from his spleen was cancerous, and they said he might have 3-6 months with chemo. :crybaby:
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:51 pm

OMG...that's the worst news.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 pm

:( cancer sucks.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Oh no. Poor Wallace. He gave his all, that's for sure.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby XDogs » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:52 am

suggestions from Wallace's mom as to how you could help.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/wallace-t ... 1572582733
XDogs
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:15 am

Thank you X-Dogs
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby cdogg » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks, guys. We are devastated. He is doing well at the moment, but we know it could turn around. We're just hoping for a nice big chunk of time after his incision finally heals to spend some really fun, quality time with him before he slows down. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support. We are still trying to decide if we want to do chemo. The oncologist tells us that with the right dose he shouldn't experience any side effects. I just don't know what to do. But we are making decisions for Wallace's well-being and we take that very seriously. My sweet boy. I had no idea when I met him eight years ago that he would be such a blessing in my life.
cdogg
Newborn Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 am

We all love you Clara, Roo and Wallace!! I feel so honored to have met your family and to have watched Roo & Wallace rock the disc at past pet expos. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. The loss of Wallace will be felt around the world. :crybaby:
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:07 pm

cdogg wrote:Thanks, guys. We are devastated. He is doing well at the moment, but we know it could turn around. We're just hoping for a nice big chunk of time after his incision finally heals to spend some really fun, quality time with him before he slows down. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support. We are still trying to decide if we want to do chemo. The oncologist tells us that with the right dose he shouldn't experience any side effects. I just don't know what to do. But we are making decisions for Wallace's well-being and we take that very seriously. My sweet boy. I had no idea when I met him eight years ago that he would be such a blessing in my life.

The oncologist is correct, at the right dose, he should not have any side effects. I've been doing chemotherapy under the supervision of an oncologist for about a year now since our nearest oncologist is 3 hours away. In that time I have only had one case where the pet was severely ill, and an overnight in the hospital with IV antibiotics had him back home and feeling fine again in no time. About 1 in 4 will have an upset stomach for a couple days, and the dose is decreased if this happens so they won't have this problem again.

The problem with chemotherapy at these low doses is it doesn't always produce great effects in some cases. Make sure your oncologist gives you solid numbers on survival times for the expense. For some cancers, like lymphoma, chemotherapy doubles or quadruples survival times. For other cancers, its a flip of a coin if they respond at all.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nichole » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:21 pm

I've been following the saga on facebook as well. Just know you and your pup are in our thoughts. Cancer sucks. I hope his time left with you is comfortable and happy.
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pipersmom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:11 pm

cdogg wrote:Thanks, guys. We are devastated. He is doing well at the moment, but we know it could turn around. We're just hoping for a nice big chunk of time after his incision finally heals to spend some really fun, quality time with him before he slows down. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support. We are still trying to decide if we want to do chemo. The oncologist tells us that with the right dose he shouldn't experience any side effects. I just don't know what to do. But we are making decisions for Wallace's well-being and we take that very seriously. My sweet boy. I had no idea when I met him eight years ago that he would be such a blessing in my life.

Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers. I know exactly what y'all are going through. My girl(3 years old!) is currently battling Lymphoma. We opted to go the chemo route. She just had her 5th treatment this past Thursday. She has had no ill effects from the chemo at all. I know that is not the same for all dogs but Piper is full of energy and life. No sickness from the chemo. The chemo in my opinion is 110% worth it. Cancer is such a rollercoaster full of tough decisons. :hug:
pipersmom
Adolescent Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:22 pm

:sad: so so sorry to hear this- as you know lots and lots of people are thinking of you... it is SO tough and such a shock, I've been there...

may be covered on facebook link already but this update article has some ways to help at the end as well: http://www.examiner.com/article/wallace ... ife-update"
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues