Hello from Wisconsin!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Wisconsin!!

Postby spazgurl26 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Hello everyone. I am currently in the process of looking to adopt a pit bull into my family. There are so many out there to choose from who need out of a shelter it makes it so hard to choose!!!! I'm hoping that by this weekend I will have a furry member and pictures to post. I'm definately not in a rush though. I'm reviewing each dog I'm interested in to find that perfect fit for my home. Wish me luck!!
spazgurl26
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!

Postby haranka » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 pm

wish you luck 8) welcome
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:19 am

Good luck to you and THANK YOU for rescuing!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am

Welcome! This post made me smile...thank you for adopting.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby GoingPostal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your search! We are in MN but adopted our male from a WI shelter (eau claire).
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby Leslie H » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby spazgurl26 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 am

I apologize for not posting my intro correctly. I'll gladly re-do it here :) I'm 30 years old and live in West Central Wisconsin. I grew up with pit bulls and adored the breed. I moved out and had my own at 18 years old. I had to have him pts due to severe hip problems. I decided I wanted to get back into the breed and started my search months ago. I love their loyalty, always happy no matter what you're doing with them or even to them! I want to do what I can to help better the public view of them. I'm really tired of the media bashing. I know it will never go away but hey..we can hope right?? I would love to do agility and obedience but don't know where to start. I have always done it myself! But would love to keep socializing my new best friend. I also have chickens, and 2 ferrets. All my pets are my babies. And had to add that I am on my way out the door to pick up a 2 year old rednose female that I was approved through the shelter for! I met her and fell in love instantly so did the paperwork. She's everything I want in a dog. No aggression with other animals or people, completely housebroken, doesn't chew, loves to play yet snuggle. So I'm super excited! I will get pics as soon as i can!
spazgurl26
Newborn Bully

Postby spazgurl26 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:08 pm

I got her home! She is settling in great and enjoying the boys playing with her. She has a bully smile on her face all the time now!
spazgurl26
Newborn Bully

Postby Mooresmajestic » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Congrats on the new addition!

Check out ukcdogs.com or akc.org for more info on registering an altered (spayed/neutered) dog so you can compete in dog sports! The UKC site also has some good info on the sports themselves. The best way to get involved is to attend a show or trial by you as a spectator and ask lots of questions. You can also check out training clubs by you and start taking classes.

Welcome!
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Leslie H » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions