demodex

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

demodex

Postby Breezy833 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:12 am

My little boy was diagnosed with demodex not long ago. I mentioned it in a whine thread. I have been doin lots of reading on this forum and on other search engines. You guys have been so helpfull to me. From training and activities to our current problem.

My question is how long should it take before Appa's hair starts to grow back. He never really went bald, it just thinned out a lot on his shoulders and face. We are still Early in treatment of the demodex, but i was curious.
Breezy833
Adolescent Bully

Re: demodex

Postby Leslie H » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:41 pm

No set answer. Response to treatment, type of treatment, how severe a case, and diet all play a role. Several weeks or more frequently.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Mooresmajestic » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Depends on the severity and treatment type.

Keep in mind, in times of high stress or illness the symptoms of demodex can reoccur. Demodex is genetic, and while some dogs have no other problems, some may have other immuno-deficiency disorders. It's not something to panic over, just be aware of it.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Breezy833 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks for the replys!

I took him to my parents the other day for a visit and my mom seems to think that he looks better then he did. I kinda think he looks the same. But i figure ill be the last person to notice a positive change until its almost over. Being with him every day will do that. So im hopefull that my mom is right.

The vet tech at our office tried to explain that if he got it when he was young and cured it, that it would be less likely to re-occur.

At any rate i think im happy with his progess.
Breezy833
Adolescent Bully

Postby Breezy833 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks for the replys!

I took him to my parents the other day for a visit and my mom seems to think that he looks better then he did. I kinda think he looks the same. But i figure ill be the last person to notice a positive change until its almost over. Being with him every day will do that. So im hopefull that my mom is right.

The vet tech at our office tried to explain that if he got it when he was young and cured it, that it would be less likely to re-occur.

At any rate i think im happy with his progess.
Breezy833
Adolescent Bully

Return to Health Issues