Introduction

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Introduction

Postby frida0521 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi everybody.

My name is Crystal I'm 26 years old and I currently reside in Miami, Fl. I am relocating to Tampa in January and joinedhis forum because I recently adopted a 3 year old Pit Bull named Frida and she is the sweetest dog I have ever had. The story is quite funny actually. A friend and her husband previously owned Frida. They recently got the opportunity to tour musically in Australia and needed a to find a home for Frida. They were told that she was an American Bulldog Dalmation mix and I, being ignorant; readily accepted this as I had never encountered a pitbull. Well, On our first visit to the vet I was informed that she is a pitbull and that they are illegal in Miami. This has certainly expedited my plan to move to Tampa.

Frida has the sweetest temperament. She loves to snuggle and in the short few months that I have had her has shown such loyalty and love to myself and my family. I have done some research on Pitbulls since I have had Frida and have read mostly negative criticism about the breed. I see no aggression and hostility in Frida. She barks only when someone knocks at the door and is gentle and calm around children and adults. The only thing she struggles with is her tolerance for other dogs. She does not attack nor seek them out but when they approach her she quickly become agitated.

Frida is a joy to have I cant imagine leaving her behind and hope that someone can give me some guidance as to housing options in the new tampa/USF area that will accept pit bulls. Honestly I would even live further away if this is my only option.

I look forward to hearing about other peoples experieces!

Crystal
frida0521
Newborn Bully

Re: Introduction

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Welcome again! I do hope you are out of there before AC catches wind of her. Honestly, she probably is what her owners stated. Pit Bull is just a blanket term, rather than a breed. Miami AC bases what a pit bull is by looks on a checklist. Many breeds fit the descriptions, which is why many breeds such as labs, currs, Mastiffs, etc get confiscated and euthenized. As for her intolerance to other dogs, this is common in many dog breeds as well. Please be very diligent and try not to walk her during normal busy/day hours where neighbors/the public will see her.

For your housing, post a thread in General about it when you are approved as this thread will be locked soon when you are approved. There are many members on here from the Tampa/St Pete area, as well as myself that can help you with your search. Let me see if I can find the link to this really good one before your thread gets approved... Like I said before, I'd consider you, but my house is not available until March. It's in the Apollo Beach area and $1250/month.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Found it thanks to some help :)

http://Petfriendlypinellasapartments.com/

They come highly recommended from my friend and fellow forum member(IloveTyson I think is her whole name on here...)!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Apbt4life » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:15 am

:welcome: you have come to the right place, i live in miami as well if you need any help with anything feel free to pm me.
Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:34 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions