Intro from Houston, Tx.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Intro from Houston, Tx.

Postby CyrusXXL » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Hello all,
My name is Robert, I am an owner of my 2nd pit and 1st puppy pit. I recently lost my big boy Boomer to a car accident.
He was 2 1/2 at the time of the accident, unfortunately it was a hit and run and he was messed up pretty badly. I had to put him down :( My son who is now 4yrs of age, had been telling me when I come home from work that he missed Boomer.... he was relentless which surprised me because he had always acted timid toward Boomer. To give you the story of Boomer goes like this. I work out of town alot with my job (oil/gas industry). I came in from the road one weekend to find one of the guys at the shop trying to climb in our large dumpster at the back of the parking lot. I went to see what was going on and see if he needed some help. Well, in the dumpster was a half starved blue and white pit. he had not been thrown in the dumpster, but had apparantly jumped in trying to find food i am sure. Unfortunately he was too weak to get back out. so the co worker and I got in and pulled him out. Well I got him some food and water and he hung around until I was getting ready to close up the shop. As i pulled out of the parking lot I saw him crawl underneath the gate and start wandering around by the road in front of the shop. at this point i was getting worried he may run into the street and get hit, i was about a block away when i saw him dart into the road right in front of a pick up truck. I immediaely turned around and went back, he was lucky the truck saw him and was able to stop. I pulled into the median where he was, shaking and scared I opened the back door of my truck and cautiously put his front feet on the door sill. he climbed in with almost no problem, so began our journeyto his new home. I took him to the vet that next day to get him checked out, he got a clean bill of health other than being malnourished. I got him up to date on shots and began his recovery process. When I got him he was estimated to be just under a year old, weighed in at 42lbs. I began giving him about 3-4 cups of kibble a day broken into two servings a day with a half cup of milk added. Within 3 months of this he was filling out very nicely and had gotten up to 57lbs. He was becoming way too smart for his own good! He had learned how to open every door in our house by watching us and created the problem of wanting to explore our small neighborhood by going out of the front door ,we always tried to remember to lock the deadbolt but man if we forgot just one time he made us pay :) He turned out being one of the best dogs I had ever owned. Very calm and loving temperament and wouldnt bite even if you tried to rough house with him a little he would just get excited and run 90mph through the house often knocking my son down by accident. This is why it seemed odd to me that my son seemed to miss Boomer so much. Well after having him with us for almost two years and him growing to a huge 68lbs, he snuck out again and it was unfortunately his last time to run and play.

So a good friend of mine who had gotten into the business of breeding pits for several years now had just happened to have a new litter. I was able to pick up my new bully Cyrus, he is a blue brindle and one of the sweetest little pups ive ever had. His personality is so outgoing and is such a people dog. he loves the attention he gets around the neighborhood when we go for our afternoon runs. He is 10wks old as of today and weighs a whopping 17lbs, and he was the runt of the litter :wow . He is learning very quickly, though its a little slow because the wife isnt as strict on his rules as she should be, but he is coming around very well other then trying to break him of his urge to bite when playing. My son absolutley loves his new companion and joins us on our afternoon walk/runs around the neighborhood. I am still pretty new to the pitbull world but I have been reading and studying the breeds quite a bit since I brought my first one home almost 3yrs ago. I am hoping to learn alot more about my little buddy and give him the best home possible.
CyrusXXL
Newborn Bully

Re: Intro from Houston, Tx.

Postby CyrusXXL » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 pm

My sweet boy Boomer. RIP

My new pup Cyrus
4wks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
CyrusXXL
Newborn Bully

Postby CyrusXXL » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm

More of Cyrus
6wks
7wks
8wks
And at 9wks

I haven't taken any pics yet today but he is growing like crazy.
CyrusXXL
Newborn Bully

Postby CyrusXXL » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Is this site still alive????

CyrusXXL
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:54 pm

We are very much alive :) :welcome:

I've meant to post here a couple of times now, but kept getting distracted by my work interupting me lol I'm sure others probably haven't commented because they don't feel like getting into it again about getting pups too young, getting them from a BYB, your friend and their obvious irresponsible breeding, etc etc... I'm also not going to go into that right now like I normally would, but rather just say Welcome to PBF!!! Please read around, check out ALL of the stickies at the tops of each sections. Read them thoroughly. After that and when a Mod approves you probably later today, you can post any questions you may have. But please read the stickies and current posts first before posting something that has already been addressed.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby CyrusXXL » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 pm

what is considered a BYB, my pup has papers and I know the history of the parents and have their papers to reference as well.... can someone enlighten me?
CyrusXXL
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I responded to your PM. If my assumptions are way off base I do apologize. It's just very rare to find responsible breeders. I hope the Breeder info link I sent you helped explain. I do hope you stick around, as we'd love to see more pics as he grows up :inlove:
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:27 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions