New mom to rescue pup

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New mom to rescue pup

Postby Alzie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Hello! My name is Alzie. My new family memeber is named Indi, a 5 month old rescue. He was severly beaten by his former owner. He came into our home with a badly broken lower jaw with a sever infection and a couple of missing teeth. After a visit to the vet for neutering and jaw work, he came out with 3/4 of his lower (adult) teeth removed and has only 4 molars on the bottom, 2 molars on top were pulled and a pellet from a pellet gun was removed from his hind leg. Regardless of all of this, after almost 2 months here, his infection is gone and his temperament is kind and loving. He shows absolutely no signs of adverse effects of his former life.

I have two other dogs who have lovingly (mostly lol) adopted Indi as their brother.
Roxy is a 6 yr old 5lb chi/minpin and thinks she is the boss, but really just wants to be an only child. I had her since she was a puppy from my moms dog's litter.
P'Brr is Indi's BFF. He is 2 yr old 3lb chihuahua and is a rescue as well. From the minute they met, P'Brr and Indi have been inseparable when mommy is around. I think the bond between the boys has taken the pressure off of Roxy, as P'Brr has someone other than her to be next to.

Indi is the second Pitbull I've had in my life and although he was just mouthing on my flip flop, he has taken a special spot in my heart.
Alzie
Newborn Bully

Re: New mom to rescue pup

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Welcome! Thank you for helping him out and opening your home to him!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Alzie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Thank you! He is definitely loved and in a good place now. Hopefully I can figure the picture posting so I can show him off :)
Alzie
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I use an app on my phone called Tapatalk to check the forum and post pics. Some people use Photobucket from their computers. Hope that helps! We love pics here :)

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Alzie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Here are my kids:

Alzie
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Cute crew! I'm warming up to Chi's more and more...I've always been a fan of MinPins though.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Alzie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 pm

lol, I've always been a mid/large dog person, but my lil tikes are great, except when I come home and find all three loose in the house (getting in to EVERYTHING) because a friend forgot to put them back in their kennels....luckily they get along, but still no bueno.
Alzie
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:51 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions