Low cost spay/neutering

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Low cost spay/neutering

Postby apbtgurl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Operation PetSnip is a COMMUNITY SPAY/NEUTER program open to anyone with a dog or cat that needs to be spayed or neutered.

It's just $40.00 for cats and $60.00 for dogs! No weight limits! Everyone is welcome!

Bring cats in carriers and dogs must be on leashes.

Ferals and stray cats are welcome too! Feral cats must be in a HUMANE TRAP for the safety of the cat and the staff.

Just $10.00 for Rabies Vaccination.*

Is your female cat or dog in heat or pregnant? Not a problem and there is no extra charge!

Where is Operation PetSnip? 4205 NW 6 Street, Gainesville, FL 32609

Directions: Just north of NW 39th before NW 6 Street runs into Hwy 441. Look for the sign that says Travel Media with the big white, open gate. Turn into the parking lot and head straight back. Leave your pet in the care while you sign the paperwork in our administrative office.

Drop off is at 8:00 am. Anyone arriving after 8:45 will be turned away.

WE ACCEPT CASH, CREDIT, OR DEBIT!!!! WE ACCEPT MASTERCARD, VISA, DISCOVER, AND AMERICAN EXPRESS.

Call us at (352) 376-6647 for an appointment or if you have any questions. Or you can visit our website at http://www.NMHP.net.

*Rabies vaccination required if owner does not have proof of current vaccination. Please bring your proof with you at the time of your appoinment.
apbtgurl
Adolescent Bully

Postby reaper18769 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:07 am

I looked up the lowcost spay/neutering and theirs none in my area :-(, but I have an important question that would really help me out. My vet does males for $105 & females $140 BUT the humane society does it for like $30-$60, I dont mind paying the vet to do it but is their a difference in procedure? I heard a lot about peoples pets getting fixed at humane societys and having health problems or messed up afterwards, so I feel that if I pay my vet its getting done the professional way and I getting my moneys worth, ofcouse id love to pay $60 but not if its not gonna be done right, I have no probles paying the $140 if it makes a difference, I was told that they put them under differently and do the procedure without to much care? Someone help me their already 5 months and I have to make up my mind soon. Thankyou.
reaper18769
Newborn Bully

Postby Mooresmajestic » Mon May 31, 2010 9:26 pm

http://www.allaboutanimalsrescue.org/
This is in the Metro Detroit area... All About Animals
For awhile they were advertising $10 spay, but I think the usual price is around $80, and they hold regular vaccine clinics for the community.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby yaegersnewfamily » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Pasadena Humane Society and SPCA offers free spay/neuter and microchip services to all Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes for those who live within their service areas of Arcadia, Glendale, La Cañada Flintridge, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre and South Pasadena. They schedule appointments on Wednesdays and Saturdays only. It takes awhile to get scheduled because they are in such high demand as they do low cost spay/neuter for all dogs and cats as well.

We took our boy here a couple of weeks ago and it all went smoothly. We dropped him off at 8am and picked him up at 4pm the same day. Overall it was a good experience, there were only a few things I didn't like. One of the shorter haired ladies at the front desk was very off-putting and unfriendly, as if she was just going through the motions with us, they did not request a full blood panel (unless your dog is over the age of five) and when we came to pick him up we heard him whining (he has a bit of anxiety issues when he's not in his own comfort zone) and the unfriendly lady practically slammed the door to the back so as not to hear him. He's healing up just fine and doing great. :)

PS. Walking through the kennels was heart breaking.. more than half of the dogs there were pitties or mixed, and there was even a litter of three puppies. It seemed the rest of the majority there were German Shepards and small dogs such as chihuahuas and maltese. You could clearly see that many of the pit puppies had mange and just looked at you with this heartbreaking stare. </3 They seemed to be taken care of as many of the kennels had a volunteer sitting inside them playing with the dogs. There was even an alligator in one of the cages with pools in the back which was surprising.. I told off two of the volunteers who were throwing peanuts from their trail mix trying to get him to "move" because "he hadn't all day". Anyway, end rant.

http://www.pasadenahumane.org/site/Page ... vices_snip
yaegersnewfamily
Adolescent Bully

Postby duppydoo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:22 am

Just wanted to add here, as I see there are no Ohio resources,

www.oneofakindpets.org

They are in Akron, Ohio (2.5hrs north of Columbus, about 30min south of Cleveland)

They do low-cost spay/neuter. It is 50$ for dogs under 50lbs, and 75$ for over 50lbs. They also do cats, for like, 30-40$. They do shots, heartworm, and flea meds as well. They will also accommodate people who have low income and cannot afford their prices, and they also supposedly do pitbulls for free, though two of my friends still had to pay for theirs. I think the free part is only available when they have enough funding. It's a great place. I've taken my cat there and will be taking one of my dogs there in a few weeks. I have a vet that I love but it's just too costly to get animals fixed through him. We're talking 400-500$. This place is all run off of charity, and they have a cute little shop catercorner to the place where you can purchase pet items, and of course the profits all go to funding the clinic. :hi
duppydoo
Newborn Bully

Postby Jellin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Houston texas is S.N.A.P. which has the same prices as most of the other posts. 40/75 and 110 if they have to go find the lost nut*. its at shepard and i-10.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby NYPDiddy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Go to the ASPCA they will spay / neuter for free for a pit!
NYPDiddy
Newborn Bully

Postby jordanberry20 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:53 am

If theres anyone in the Pittsburgh,PA area, go on www.hellobully.org and contact them, my mom is friend with a Pittsburgh police officer and she gave us the number and told us they will do free spay/neuter and vaccines.
jordanberry20
Newborn Bully

Postby Bambina23 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:53 pm

I was looking for a low-cost program for my girl and came across these for Massachusetts:

The MSPCA has two programs one is the SNAP program that gives you a discounted voucher to take to local veterinarians and get a discounted rate. or the PIT PALS program which gives 50 spay neuter for pit/pit mixes. (they had a free pit day in February which i missed naturally)

I also looked into the friends of the animals voucher you can buy for 90$$ but only select clinics take them and I felt more comfortable taking her to the MSPCA than a small clinic i knew nothing about.
Bambina23
Newborn Bully

Postby Breezy833 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:20 am

Found out today that the flint area humane society does a discounted voucher for low income homes!
Breezy833
Adolescent Bully

Postby Megan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 am

Luzerne County Pit Bull owners offers "NEPA Pit Fix" a low cost spay/neuter program for pit bulls. It's $50 male OR female. They can also offer reduced rates for other breeds as well, but the cost is a little higher then the 50 for pit bulls. They'll do out of county dogs as well, provided you are willing to drive.

http://www.lcpoinc.org/nepa-pit-fix.html
Megan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Mooresmajestic » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Breezy833 wrote:Found out today that the flint area humane society does a discounted voucher for low income homes!

All About Animals also regularly runs a transport from Flint, and we bring our mobile surgery unit out there too. We have an upcoming surgery day in Flushing set for Oct 1st.
$80 dogs
$40 cats
$15 vaccines (vaccines available at time of surgery only, on mobile unit)
Feral cats living in Oakland County can be altered, ear tipped, and rabies vaccinated for FREE through TNR and OakCats! Ask us how!
Ferals living in other areas can have the same for just $25 through our TNR program!
Call us at 586-879-1745 for more details!
We often have surgery specials, call to see what we have going on.
All of our surgeries include anesthesia, pain meds, and a nail trim. Every procedure uses sterile equipment.
Surgery appointments available Monday through Friday at our Warren location.

We also have surgery appts available in Port Huron, Imlay City, and SW Detroit coming up. A transport van runs from Auburn Hills once a week, and Lapeer and Marine City at least once a month.

Only need vaccines or heartworm testing/prevention? Stop in at any of our 3 wellness locations: Warren, Auburn Hills, and SW Detroit! Call us or check out our website for hours.
http://www.allaboutanimalsrescue.org

P.s. I've worked here for about 2 years now, and I have had 4 of my 5 personal pets spayed/neutered with us (the other was done before I got her), and have had 4 foster pets done there too. I love our Drs and we pride ourselves on our cleanliness.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby kornygerm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Gente Por los Animales rescue in Mexicali (down by the border to California) is also having a low cost campaign...100 pesos per pet..around $10.00 dllls... wish i could take one of my dogs, but my family is not playing to having them fixed yet.
kornygerm
Matured Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues