Found abandoned female pit. Have bullmastiff!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Found abandoned female pit. Have bullmastiff!

Postby cayenne » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 am

Hi all.
I am new to this forum and I wish it was under better circumstances! Lat week I found an emmaciated, skin and bones, starving female pit on the side of the road. I could not leave her. I have never brought another dog home before as i have a 130# male bullmastiff who is extremely territorial and guardy.
She spent a few nights in the garage with plenty of walks thoughout the day, plenty of food and a couple vet visits for shots etc. My next door neighbor decided to adopt her. Things are going OK but hugely overwhelming for them.

I need to be prepared that they will bring her back. I am very worried that it will be a blood bath with my bullmastiff(7 years old) and a very active 1 1/2 yo pittie. Do we just have 2 separate lives here or is there hope? She seems fine around other dogs but mine is not happy with other dogs at all and is very much a "bully". This big boy of mine is like a small tank. I do have a fenced in yard(weak fence-would hold my dog but not a climber so we would have to do something about that.
I have already called/emailed every rescue organization I can find without any luck at all.

Thanks for all the info.
Cayenne
cayenne
Newborn Bully

Re: Found abandoned female pit. Have bullmastiff!

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Welcome! Thank you for taking her in and doing what you can to help her. Your hearts in the right place, and this is the forum for you! If your current dog is not dog friendly, I would suggest a crate/rotate. There are threads in the training section you need to check out. Start with the "2 weeks, give em a break!" Then look for crate and rotate, as well as crate training. Many of us here have multiple dog homes, and do crate rotation. It's something you will get the hang of after a schedule is in place, and it works great for us. If you do not wish to keep her, but rather find her a home, you can have her spayed, shots, etc, then post an adoptable ad for her in the adoptable section. We do not allow rehoming of personal pets here, but we do allow homing of rescues. I hope you enjoy it here and we can help you out with your current situation.

PS... I LOVE Bull Mastiffs! Can we get pics? :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Found abandoned female pit. Have bullmastiff!

Postby Leslie H » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:55 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions