My poor riley needs help

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

My poor riley needs help

Postby Jwindbigler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you for taking the time to review my question. I have a 7 year old Female American Pitbull Terrier. She has an open wound right near her anus. Its not on the anus itself, but its within an inch of it. I have also noticed that there is much swelling in the area, and even on the underside of the tail itself where it would cover the anus, and come into contact with the anus. The underside of the tail looks to be a something like a poison ive (referring to the style of the bumps and swelling there) Every swollen area is red (on the area around the anus, and the tail). I have put bacitracin on the open wound to help close it and to keep it clean. It appeared to help, but I stopped when I noticed the other area. I can send a picture of the affected area if necessary. Please help. My poor riley is in pain. The area is very tender. I can tell it is very painful when touched. Otherwise she runs and plays as normal. Oh, and she also has been rubbing her hindquarters on the ground. What could this be?

Thank you very much

Justin
Jwindbigler
Newborn Bully

Re: My poor riley needs help

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 pm

I would guess from your description that her anal sacs might have ruptured. Get her to the vet ASAP.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Please get to a vet ASAP! These are not things you should be asking a forum prior to seeing a vet. Nobody can diagnose over the net accurately. Your dog could have any combination of things...worms, allergy, touched something poison, tumors, etc. Please get to a vet ASAP.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Jwindbigler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:13 pm

It wasnt until today that I noticed the other stuff. I though it was an open wound from the dogs playing or something like that. But I saw more on the tail today, which is why I wanted to ask. (after hours you know). Ill get her into the vet as soon as I can.
Jwindbigler
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Your dog could have a ruptured anal gland, a neoplasm, an infected wound, perianal fistula or any other number of issues. It's probably very painful for her to urinate or defecate. Getting her to the vet "as soon as you can" needs to be today!

We had a dog come in for a similar issue that the owner had be trying to treat at home. By the time she came in, the surrounding necrotic tissue was covered in maggots.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Health Issues