Greetings from Nova Scotia!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings from Nova Scotia!

Postby Fiere » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi there!
I stumbled upon this site looking for a good knowledge base for a question I have. But a bit about me first.

I am an avid animal lover, with two dogs, a 6 year old APBT named Mara, a 8 year old Alaskan Husky named Chayce; 4 cats; 2 birds, and 2 horses. I liNova Scotia with my fiance and daughter. I am a huge lover of the outdoors and my spare time is usually spent hunting/fishing. I also enjoy cooking, working on my truck and volunteering.
Mara and Chayce are both trained to sled and Mara delights in being my shadow and ultimate companion. She accompanies me everywhere whether it's couching, trail riding or checking my rabbit snares. She is, like most pits, a 68 lb lapdog. My daughter is her enabler and its not uncommon to find the two of them on a bed (dog no-no in my house) sharing snacks in a pillow fort.
Mara is my second pit, my first being a rehabilitation project who went on to live with a lovely family with several kids. I have a habit of taking home unwanted broken things, most of my animals with the exception of my mare, birds and Mara were rescues, and more critters have passed through my doors than I'd like to think about.
I'd love to share some pictures of my funny farm but I do most of my interwebbing on a cell phone, thus picture posting is akin to pulling teeth. I will try to get a post in with at least on pic of Mara-girl.
Fiere
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings from Nova Scotia!

Postby Fiere » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 pm

I got ambitious!
Mara:

Chayce:

My paint mare, Ari, followed by my standardbred gelding, T:
Fiere
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Welcome!!! What gorgeous critters you share your life with!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Welcome! Your crew is gorgeous, especially the Paint mare. Most of the red/white paints I've seen had blues eyes, and had put me off to them, but your girl is gorgeous! I think you will fit in great here :) If you like to take most of your pictures with your phone, you should try Tapatalk App if you have a smart phone. It's what most of us around here use that are phone pic takers. It's also easier to view the forum, post, view pics, etc...to me anyway. See you around!
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Fiere » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks, folks. I feel pretty privileged! My cats are pretty cute too, but for whatever reason I have very few pictures of them. My zebra finches aren't half bad either.

Thanks for the heads up on the app! I'll check it out. Most of my pics are taken with or dl on my phone, would make it so much easier!
Fiere
Newborn Bully

Postby creiter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Your animals are absolutely gorgeous!!! I am new to the site myself, so welcome :) I look forward to hearing your insight and your experiences with your dogs.... sounds like you might have some good tips yourself on rehabilitating dogs, which is why I joined the site, to learn more from those who have experience with dogs similar to my own rescue. See you around the forum!
creiter
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:09 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions