Hello from Minnesota, don't worry, it's not too cold yet!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Minnesota, don't worry, it's not too cold yet!

Postby Sparkles » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:40 am

Hello everyone, my name is Jessica, aka sparkles! I inherited the name because I wear sparkles just about everywhere I go. :) I'm a mother of three wonderful children, of which two are special needs. I have been a passionate dog lover my whole life. I've had several different breeds, smaller rat terriers, labs, goldens, and one doberman growing up. I have several friends with SBT, APBT, and the like...and I have grown a huge love for them, and of course there little boxy head! I guess you could say that back a few years ago, my brother was bit by a APBT and at that time...I was "one of those people" who thought maybe the breed isn't the right choice for me as I grew a little fearful after that incident. However, I've never given up my love for them. As the years have gone by, I have done more and more research on this breed and my views have since changed to know that having a breed of this kind, just takes work and patience and a owner who is willing to work hard to have a loving compassionate dog (and that's any breed also). So anyways, my children are still young yet, but I have been severely missing something in my life.

I started volunteering at our local pet shelter to just get an idea of what kind of dog I wanted and to see how dogs reacted to me in particular. (Whether that's good or bad I don't know lol). Anyways, I started spending some time with "Violet" a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She was loving, beautiful, intelligent, and HYPER! She is 6 months old, and it was uncertain where she came from but wandered into the shelter at about 3 months old...poor thing! Anyways...I couldn't leave her there any longer! So, i am now a proud owner of a 6 month old Terrier pup. Like I said, Im a single mom of three young kids...and now a dog! Lol I've continued to do research and try lots of things...but I'm still a bit in the dark on some things. But, I think I will post that under some other topics on the forum. I really hope this is a hopeful forum and not too judgemental...I haven't had much luck and could really use some great advice!
Sparkles
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Minnesota, don't worry, it's not too cold yet

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Welcome! You are in the right place :) It sounds like you have your hands full! There are others here that can relate and hopefully we can help answer any questions you have. Thank you for volunteering AND adopting! See you around...

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby creiter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Welcome!!

Your story sounds similar to my story... I foster dogs for a local shelter, and was a "foster failure" with one of these dogs, Duke, who is now my best friend. Can't imagine life without him! He, too, was a "special needs" dog because of his behavior issues (many of which we have worked on, making him the perfect companion dog). He was close in age to yours, 8 months, and had spent about 4 of those months in the shelter environment. Any struggles you are facing I'm sure we, or others on the forum, have gone through as well. I look forward to sharing with you and learning from you! Your pup is extremely lucky to have found his forever home with such a caring mama!
creiter
Newborn Bully

Postby moto1320 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Welcome aboard. Staffy's are great, you should enjoy your little clown. That will likely be our next dog :)
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Odnarb » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Welcome from just over the Iowa border!
Hopefully another mod with a computer will come and approve you soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Odnarb
Regulator

Postby Sparkles » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Odnarb wrote:Welcome from just over the Iowa border!
Hopefully another mod with a computer will come and approve you soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I just moved back from Iowa...hated it there! Minnesota is my home...and I love it here despite the frigid temps at times. Yes...love my pup...just having some behavioral "bumps" I like to call them...so hopefully I can get them worked through so I can get it figured out sooner than later.
Sparkles
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:55 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions