Fitting

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Fitting

Postby Naomi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:24 pm

So my 8 month old boy has been fitting recently, not alot but still a worry. Any way, my vet decided to refer him to a neurologist. He went yesterday, tge vet was lovely. Anyway, he had a bile acid stim test which was normal, mri which was normal and a spinal tap which was also normal. So it turns out he has idiopathic epilepsy. My poor little boy :(

This was his shaven patch. You can see where they put the massive needle in.

Also, I have a professional behaviourist helping me with his training and his dog aggression issues. This is one of our session when he was actually doing as he was told - made me so proud.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Naomi
Newborn Bully

Re: Fitting

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Good for you for seeking out professional help! Epilepsy is no fun but I'm glad its not something more serious.

I'm also really happy to hear he's getting help for his behavior issues too.

You rock!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Naomi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Aww thank you. He really is my world. I just really wish he would just behave. All in all in the last month I paid £2600, I am now officially broke. On the lead he lunges at other dogs and barks and snarls with his hackles up. He wouldnt even learn sit. But that is him sat with another dog walking past. I was so proud :)

Naomi
Newborn Bully

Postby Naomi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Especially seeing as in thr UK it is now illegal for your dog to be intimidating and it can be destroyed for doing so. Which is ridiculous as it is the person being intimidated that decides what behaviour is classed as intimidating, ugh this country is getting worse with its dogs.

Naomi
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues