Rescued pit pup

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Re: Rescued pit pup

Postby acollins22 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

Please get off this post. You don't want to offer any help and I don't have the time to read your rude comments.
acollins22
Newborn Bully

Postby acollins22 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:56 am

Also, an aggressive cat pitbull?! Weird, didn't know you could breed cats and dogs. Proofread before you post. And you took a huge risk putting those cats in danger, shame on you.
acollins22
Newborn Bully

Postby Enigma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes, making fun of somebody who is not from an English speaking country for making a mistake is really mature. And if you go read it again it says "cat agressive" - as in - a dog who is agressive towards cats. None of the cats were in danger, it's not hard to keep dogs and/or cats separated, people in this breed are doing it every day with their dogs who don't get along, or fosters who don't get along with their cats, many members on this forum too. And this being a public forum, I can and will write anywhere I want. All I did was ask a simple question, I'm not the one being rude here. ;)
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 pm

acollins22 wrote:Also, an aggressive cat pitbull?! Weird, didn't know you could breed cats and dogs. Proofread before you post. And you took a huge risk putting those cats in danger, shame on you.

Enigma was offering solutions in place of your excuses and she isn't the one who is being rude. Your attitude towards her posts, especially your failed attempt at correcting her grammar, is truly condescending. For the record, it's common for people to refer to their dogs as human aggressive, dog aggressive, cat aggressive, stranger aggressive, fear aggressive, etc.

If you aren't willing to help the dog, what do you expect any of us to do from a world away? Either step up or don't. But don't bring a nasty attitude to the people who are trying to help.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby acollins22 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:23 pm

How do i get off this forum? I am doing my best to get this dog a good home. I listed my reason as to why i cannot keep her, period. This is obviously not a good forum to get immediate help. I do not have time to be accused of being rude when i was responding to her initial rude comment. I completely understand now, why i was warned as to using this site. I'm not looking to get into a fight, just trying to find a home for a breed that is misunderstood.
acollins22
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 pm

You originally started the lashing out at Enigma when she asked you a question and gave a solution. She was trying to help you. What were you expecting to do...come on here, post your plea, and someone scoop her up immediately? Pit Bulls are way over bred/populated. Most of us have more than one and foster as well to help out. We were trying to help give you some advice from where we are on things that could help you.

If you really want to leave, you just leave. You don't have full access, so there's nothing really to delete for you. When the mods come through they can lock this post so there's no more posting in it.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Enigma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 pm

My first comment was not rude, all I did was ask why do you think this particular dog needs a yard. It's a common misconception that you can't own (or foster for that matter) this breed if you don't have a yard, which is a complete BS if you ask me. Is it nice to have a fenced in yard? Sure! Is it necessary? No. It's not hard to keep your cat away from a foster dog, you just have to rotate them, you can help yourself with crates, baby gates or just simply locked rooms. Nobody here is telling you to keep the dog, but fostering her shouldn't be such a huge problem if you have the room. It takes time to get dogs of this breed adopted, you didn't really expect one post in the introductions thread on one pitbull forum will be enough to do that, did you?

Is the dog spayed yet? UTD on shots? If not, please find a way to do that before you adopt her out. Post up ads, take good pictures, contact rescues and ask if they can help you in any way - it will be easier to get help if you foster the dog yourself, rescues are always full of dogs.

If you don't want to be on this forum just stop writing, it's simple. But it will be your loss, this forum is very rescue oriented and full of wonderful people.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby LizIs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm

To the original poster, I honestly don't think Enigma was trying to be rude. The response was very blunt, to be sure, and over the internet blunt can sometimes be interpreted as rude. A lot of the more seasoned APBT rescue people are going to be blunt on this forum. Unfortunately, sometimes threads degenerate as a result of misinterpreted intentions. I often read responses from some of the senior members and think "well that could have been phrased nicer" or "that response could have been softened a bit..." But, putting myself in their shoes, I can also understand why there's no time for anything but blunt responses at times.

A lot of these guys have spent years fighting the good fight- trying to educate, promote tolerance, and save dogs while seeing so many go homelesss, abused or euthed. I'm not a foster or a running a rescue but I imagine they sometimes feel a bit like Sisyphus, rolling a boulder up a hill just to watch it roll back down, and then repeating this action forever.

Senior members please correct me if I'm wrong because I am not trying to be rude in the least, but maybe some of them have just seen so much and have been in the rescue community so long, that it's hard to remember what it was like back before they knew everything they know now... what it was like to just be able to softball and sugar-coat and have the time and patience to hope for success with the slow reasoning process that most other people, myself included, require in order to be open to educational or advice at all.
LizIs
Newborn Bully

Previous

Return to Introductions