Hello from Katie and Beemer!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Katie and Beemer!!

Postby Katie6388 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello everyone!!

My name is Katie, I am 24 years old and am the proud parent of a 2 year old male Pit named Beemer. My husband and I got Beemer a few weeks ago and are already smitten by Beemer's charm. We live in Pennsylvania. We have been looking/trying to get a Pit Bull for almost 2 years and just about given up hope until we found our Beemer. We really wanted to go to our local SPCA to adopt a pit but we had a horrible experience with the staff and have not looked back. That is another story for another time perhaps.

My husband was looking on Craigslist and ran across an add that said "Male Pit Bull Free to Good Home" and a few hours later we were at a couple's house meeting Beemer for the first time. I will admit I was very skeptical of just about everything with this deal. So we were talking to the couple and they were explaining Beemers backround which sadly was his previous owner lost her job and could no longer afford a place that would allow Beemer and also just could not afford him in general. So, the owner had given him to this couple as a foster parents who she knew would make sure he would go to a good home. The couple(Mark and Lisa) had wanted to keep him themselves but could not due to them having 4 other small dogs who did not like him one bit. After a few more minutes of spending time with Beemer we could tell he was loved and treated good and someone had taken time with him on obedience. He came housebroken, crate trained, knows how to come, sit, stay, paw, other paw, down, and all other kinds of stuff...the list could go on and on. Mark and Lisa also just had all of his shots updated and gave us the vet records. Beemer is a solid healthy 80lbs with a head the size of a basketball but I love him!!

Ever since that first day every day is exciting to come home to him and to see what new thing he does to make us laugh and fall in love with him more and more.

My husband and I are active people and love to spend our weekends going somewhere new. Now, we have Beemer who LOVES car rides so of course he comes with us whenever we go somewhere where he can take him in of course :)

I am looking forward to being a part of this forum and already love everything I have read so far!!
Katie6388
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Katie and Beemer!!

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 am

Welcome! We would really like to see pics of the big meathead. :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Welcome! Can't wait to see some pics!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:25 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie