'Ello! [Lots of pics!]

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

'Ello! [Lots of pics!]

Postby jesse1535 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi ^^
I've always wanted a Pittie or a bully breed of some kind, but my family is extremely racist about them :x But one day while walking my dog, a little bundle of fluff stumbled into my life <3
My vet teacher said she was about 4wks old :3 She had Rounds, and my teacher treated her for free. She also donated that lovely collar and a leash <3
Needless to say, I was totally in love from day one..My family on the other hand not so much. After a couple months though, I was able to keep her. I got away with calling her a Staffordshire Terrier (they don't know what breed that is lol) but I think she has some Am. Bulldog in her as well, but who knows. Anyways, everyone (well except for one person) was totally in love with her too (I WON!! :yay: )

So here we are down the road..Shes about four and a half/five months old and around 60lb. I have some questions though which is why I've come o: I also want to socialize with fellow pittie lovers and get some tips <3 Esp training tips, we're having LOTS of problems walking on a leash. Other than that shes highly trainable and learns things extremely fast. I'm gonna buy her a Gentle Lead on Friday when I get paid. I'm getting some more money next Wednesday and I really wanna use it to train her, but I'm having trouble picking a trainer. She knows everything they offer at the Petco/Petsmart training sessions except for walking on a leash so it's kind of a waste of money in my opinion..I found a slightly more advanced class thats for older puppies and I would love to take her there but they haven't emailed me back haha. I would love to find a trainer that specializes in bully breeds but couldn't find any :c Anyways I've rambled enough, heres my beautiful baby :) Some pics were taken today and others last month

^ She doesn't look 60lb does she?? XD

^ PEANUT BUTTER

^ I love this shot <3

^ Bath time! XD

^ It was raining for like a week straight during vet school, so I bought her a lil rain coat so she wouldn't get sick. After I bought it it didn't rain for the rest of the year at school :P

^ She loves sleeping on her back haha

Hope ya'll enjoyed my pic spam <3 My main concern is when I should get her spayed, does anyone have some useful advice or links? All of my other dogs were rescues (one a stray and one from the shelter) so they both came neutered. I know nothing about spaying and heat cycles and all that stuff..Any help would be much appreciated :)
jesse1535
Newborn Bully

Re: 'Ello! [Lots of pics!]

Postby Naomi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:37 am

6 months old I would get her done, before her first season. Once hormones kick in the risk for mammary tumours and pyometra (infection of the uterus, usually fatal) significantly increases. Once the hormones are taken away and the uterus you can't get pyo obv and the rock of mammary tumours go down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Naomi
Newborn Bully

Postby kathak » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 pm

so cute!!!!!
kathak
Newborn Bully

Postby LizIs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 pm

:inlove: her spotty ears are adorable!
LizIs
Newborn Bully

Postby jesse1535 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks everyone <3

Thanks for the info Naomi, I'll have to get her spayed asap then :eek:
jesse1535
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Welcome! Cute pup :inlove: I will also second the spaying at 6 months. They usually get their first heat around that age, so it's best to get it done as soon as possible.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:07 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions