Cyn & Dutch

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Cyn & Dutch

Postby Cyndera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi all,

Greetings from MD!
I adopted my dog Dutch from the shelter in Alexandria just about a week ago. However, I have known him since July this year. He is about 1 year and 3 months old, a mix of some sort, and a true pit bull: snugglish, silly, playful, smart ... :)
He is very good with people (once he knows I am safe *lol*); still have to work on his behavior towards other dogs.

I look forward to participating in this forum, and learning from you.

Cheers,

Cyn
:run:

Cyndera
Newborn Bully

Re: Cyn & Dutch

Postby LizIs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm

I love his ears! He is too cute!
LizIs
Newborn Bully

Postby Cyndera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I fell in love with his flop ear.
Cyndera
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi, could you please tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Cyndera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Sure, I was just working on that ... sorry, I am on my iPad.
Cyndera
Newborn Bully

Postby Cyndera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Hm, I was trying to edit the original post, but for some reason I can't find the button. Oh well.

My name is Aileen, 32, and I live with my APBT mix, my cat and two water turtles in Montgomery County, MD, where i just bough a townhouse. I am originally from Germany, and I moved here a little over five years ago.
I received my first MA in Germany, my MLIS just last hear, and now I am a federal librarian, currently working for the Department of Agriculture.

Dutch is my second dog; I had a Siberian husky, which my ex-husband took when he divorced me.
I have been volunteering at the Alexandria Animal Shelter for a year, and that's where I met Dutch in July. My brother has an American bulldog, and it was thanks to him that I got interested in bully breeds.

Dutch, as I said, is a rescue, and although I am sure there are plenty of reputable breeders out there, I believe in adoption ore than anything else. Right now, I am working on his basic training. I don't have any aspirations to compete, but I do want to do the canine good citizenship test, and hopefully complete the training that allows me to go to libraries and participate in the "Paws for Reading" program.

I take every opportunity I can to educate people about this breed, and although I am by no means an expert, I am a quick study (occupational hazard I guess). Aside from that, I am very involved in professional library associations, do yoga, cook, and have recently picked up sewing; I just made two bandanas for Dutch. Pics to follow :D

Cheers,
Aileen
Cyndera
Newborn Bully

Postby Cyndera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Hm, I was trying to edit the original post, but for some reason I can't find the button. Oh well.

My name is Aileen, 32, and I live with my APBT mix, my cat and two water turtles in Montgomery County, MD, where i just bough a townhouse. I am originally from Germany, and I moved here a little over five years ago.
I received my first MA in Germany, my MLIS just last hear, and now I am a federal librarian, currently working for the Department of Agriculture.

Dutch is my second dog; I had a Siberian husky, which my ex-husband took when he divorced me.
I have been volunteering at the Alexandria Animal Shelter for a year, and that's where I met Dutch in July. My brother has an American bulldog, and it was thanks to him that I got interested in bully breeds.

Dutch, as I said, is a rescue, and although I am sure there are plenty of reputable breeders out there, I believe in adoption ore than anything else. Right now, I am working on his basic training. I don't have any aspirations to compete, but I do want to do the canine good citizenship test, and hopefully complete the training that allows me to go to libraries and participate in the "Paws for Reading" program.

I take every opportunity I can to educate people about this breed, and although I am by no means an expert, I am a quick study (occupational hazard I guess). Aside from that, I am very involved in professional library associations, do yoga, cook, and have recently picked up sewing; I just made two bandanas for Dutch. Pics to follow :D You can read more about me at http://www.cyndera.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
Aileen
Cyndera
Newborn Bully

Postby Cyndera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Ugh, and now it posted it twice ... not my night.
Sorry, mods ...
Cyndera
Newborn Bully

Postby kathak » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:25 am

Hey there,

I am from Germany too! I moved to Nova about 4 years ago.

Welcome!

And your dog is too cute!
kathak
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 am

Welcome neighbor! He's cute as heck with those ears! Thank you for adopting, and your volunteer work.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Cyndera » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Hey kathak,

Where are you from?

@Curly_07: Thanks :D I absolutely love his ears.

Waiting patiently to get access to the other sections. In the meantime, I am trying to decide on the right food. Back to reading :)
Cyndera
Newborn Bully

Postby kathak » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 pm

I was born near Bonn but I grew up in Zwickau, near Dresden. Where are you from?
kathak
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions