Can I be welcomed back? Please take time to read.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Can I be welcomed back? Please take time to read.

Postby TahlzSS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 am

Most older members know who I am, this isn't a new introduction. I don't even know if I'm allowed to come back. I do hope the mods will take their personal time to read this.

I saved a lot of what I used to post and looking back at what I've said and I've been looking through the eyes of others, I'm so ashamed of myself. I can really understand now why so many people go pissed off at me. So many of the things you guys said, you were right. I did want an easy dog, I didn't want to put the effort in to Serenity and taking time and mulling it over, Serenity is stil alive and well, she's a tad over two years and she's healthy and fit. I miss this place a lot, I joined up in 2014 and I did learn a lot while I was here. I still have a lot to learn but I think I'm on the right path. I have matured and I do see things differently now. I can see how much of an idiot I was back then but I'm truly trying with both my dogs this time. I'm not just saying it, I'm doing it.

I had a big wake up call when I screwed up big time and I was very lucky. I also saw more and more stories on dogs being taken away and killed for biting and the thought of that happening to Serenity ripped me apart. Serenity and I worked with some one for a while before I had some personal issues so we've been working solo, I have been waiting till I can drive again before I work with some one again. She has been improving greatly, I cannot be happier with her improvement. She has had issues with dogs and she has slowly become more social around certain dogs, she can comfortably walk past some one and ignore them - sometimes it seems she wants to seek attention, at times she flung herself to some one quite happily, tail wagging fast, wanting attention - I love those moments. It doesn't happen a lot but it happens. The thing about Serenity that has warmed my heart the most is a girl I used to look after in child care, Zoe, she and her two friends wanted to hang with the dogs when I took them to the school. Serenity was funny around them of course and after 4 meetings, Serenity LOVED Zoe. The way she loves me. Zoe can do everything I can do and not get bitten. The other two, she doesn't see one of them two much and the other boy, she does like but certain running movements she doesn't like from him. I am blown away that Serenity formed a bond with some one like that. I still can't believe Serenity has fallen for Zoe so much. Fast movement is hard for her and she wants to chase so we are still working on this. She has had her moments of being good and ignoring fast movements at times. I will hopefully pass my driving test on Monday and soon after, we'll be working with some one again and we'll do herding soon! She is always leashed now when out and about, the only time one time she is off is in a HUGE open field that people don't ever tend to visit and I can see for miles.

Sunny is well. I've been putting a lot of effort in to him and we've been working together. He's smarter at times then I thought, he has been catching on fast with commands. I plan to do dock dogs with him, lure coursing and I'm considering agility but we'll see. Sunny can now sort of be trusted off leash! I only trust him in the school ovals. Any other places, he does wear a e-collar but I only would ever use the vibration setting and I haven't had to use the setting at all for a while, it's on just in case.

Also, my heart is still set on getting a SBT one day (not till one of these two pass on) but my brother got a SBT pup, Leo. Leo is just adorable. I baby sit a lot for my brother so it's nice to get some hands on experience with the breed once again. My brother is raising him rather well and the kids love the pup. I am super darn jealous but my time will come, I have two great dogs who I'd rather keep.

I do hope I can join this forum once again, I know I was trouble at times but I have learnt a lot and I have matured. I am now doing whats best for both dogs and they are thriving.
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Re: Can I be welcomed back? Please take time to read.

Postby TahlzSS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:52 am

F
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby TahlzSS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:52 am

I was TahSunny
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby TahlzSS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:04 am

I am glad I kept Serenity around, she has taught me so much and has done so much for me. She's turned my life around for the better. She's a struggle at times but that's expected. She is so great other days. I just have fun with her and work at her pace. I don't expect her be anything anymore, I just plan to work with her and I'll see in the future how she turns out.
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby Stormi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 am

TahlzSS wrote: Zoe can do everything I can do and not get bitten.

he does wear a e-collar but I only would ever use the vibration setting and I haven't had to use the setting at all for a while, it's on just in case.

Uhhh... really?
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby TahlzSS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 am

I don't understand what's wrong with that?

When I say I can do anything, running, jumping, fast movement, jumping, the things that typically set Serenity off, Serenity pays no mind to Zoe.

I know not everyone agree's with the collar but its only vibration and it's on him while hiking but I don't even have to use it, it's a safety measure. We went to the creek a while back and he was leash free without the e-collar. It's the fact while hiking he has more of a chance to see a critter. I'm working on strengthening his re-call.

And a fun shot;

TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 am

A leash is a safety measure, not an e collar.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby TahlzSS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:22 pm

I do know that and he is on the leash more then the e-collar. Lately he's been on the long lead actually.

And my brothers pup Leo
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby afrikaPB » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 pm

:dunno: Other members are posting about using vibration collars... And Tahs is saying she lets her dogs off leash in safe, contained areas and is still improving her training techniques... Overall seems like a person who is trying to do right and just wants back into the fold.
These issues alone don't seem like a reason to keep someone off this forum.
afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby TahlzSS » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Thank you.

I passed my driving test today! Serenity and I went and worked with a trainer. She did well, wasn't perfect but I had her under control and she behaved quite well. We are taking small steps and the person I'm working with believes after a lot of work, we'll reach my goal with Serenity.

I took her to the creek for the first time and she LOVED playing in the water.

She has a weird habit of grabbing the leash in the water and carrying it around/dragging it out.

I have grown a lot and I am trying the best by both dogs. I still have both of them, I love them both dearly. I have a lot to learn but I have learnt a lot more now. I'm not here to cause trouble. I miss this place.
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby spammie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Tah, I'd like to contact the other mods before we make a move here. Hang tight.
spammie
Regulator

Postby TahlzSS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 pm

I understand :)

I do hope you all will consider it. I understand the issues I caused back then and I have matured and changed a lot since then.

Serenity and I walk in the mornings, we work together everyday after work, we are working with a trainer and doing obedience and we'll go to Obedience 2 and 3. I hope to do agility and lure coursing but that'll depend on her. We start herding in a month or two! I'm so excited. She is kept on leash.

Sunny is going to obedience, agility will follow soon after. We'll be doing lure coursing when it's on next. He'll do dock dogs soon too! In a month or two. We are getting out and working together.

I really hope I can have another chance. I learnt so much from this forum and I still have so much to learn. I'm truly trying to better myself and better my dogs,give them a better life. I just hope I can be given the chance to prove I am willing to take advice in and learn and I can show others I truly am trying with both the dogs. People can change and all the advice I was given hasn't gone to waste, it just took a long time to sink in. I am thankful to everyone here.
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby TahlzSS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 pm

And now they both get to do a lot more hiking and swimming since I can drive now. I love driving. It's opened up so many doors for the dogs and I. They are my life.
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby TahlzSS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:09 pm

In all;

I am taking in everything, I'm applying it with both dogs, I'm putting the effort in, I'm changing, I'm working with both dogs. I don't want to cause trouble. I want to take in advice and learn all I can. I have been putting effort in to learning and changing for the sake of my two and any future dogs. These two are the only dogs I'll have for a long time. I hope to gain a lot of experience from them. I understand what an idiot I was and I'm happy how far I've come and I hope I can go even further. I do believe this forum can help me reach my further goals as it did help me a lot in the years I was here.
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby spammie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:22 pm

check pm
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions