Hi! From NW Florida

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi! From NW Florida

Postby flo bamaman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:01 am

Hello Everyone,

I owned and raised pitbulls about 15yrs ago, went off to the military spent sometime overseas now i am back in the USA. I would like to get back into owning, raising and breeding pitbulls. Currently, I do not own any but am looking for a very nice blue bully female for starters. I would like her to be PR UKC, short (-20"), stocky, thick bone, with a nice head piece. I joined this forum to learn as much as I can from you. Looking forward to the experience.
flo bamaman
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi! From NW Florida

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 am

Hi! I'm from Escambia Co FL/AL. I'm also a military veteran. What you are looking for sounds like an Am Bully, not an APBT. PR means Purple Ribbon and has no real value on a dog. If you are looking for a dog with papers, you should look into ones with more titles, health testing like OFA, and ones that don't breed specifically for color, but rather to better the breed as a whole. We also do not support backyard breeding here. Please read around the forum to get yourself up to speed on the breed and such. Much has changed over the yrs. There are a couple of great stickies in General and the Rescue section on breeding, what it takes, and such. I do hope you stick around and learn a few things :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:07 am

Also wanted to add...PetFinder.com is full of pit bull dogs like you described looking for homes because those types are so overbred. No reason really for anyone to be breeding them with how many already can't get homes and are being euthenized because of it. The only people that should be breeding are those that are trying to better the breed.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi. This is a very rescue oriented forum. While I personally believe that there is a reason to breed, most dogs should not be bred, as Curly explained quite well. Are you comfortable being on a forum where most members are anti-breeding?
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions