Hi!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi!

Postby BullyBoo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Everyone!
My name's Christy and I'm a 30 somethingish new possible Staffordshire mix something or other Mom living in rainy Oregon.
I don't have any real history with APBT's or AST's but I have had Boxers for most of my life. I rescued Boo about a month ago by finding her on Petfinder, She was listed as a Boxer/English Bulldog mix and I had been looking for another dog to add to our family. The instant I saw her I was drawn to her... and then there was her story that pulled at my heartstrings saying she was dumped with her boyfriend and 3 approx 4 day old puppies at a high kill shelter in California. (She and all of them were transported up to WA through Saving Paws) Long story short I packed up my kiddos, hubby and our 6 year old boxer Cooper and drove 4 hours for a meet and greet which went amazingly and we came home with Boo. Now what brings me here is I don't think they were correct in her assessment of what she is... I don't care what she is myself and am pretty sure she's a bully mix of some sort and while walking her around my neighborhood, going to the pet store or even the local vet I'm getting definite discrimination towards people thinking she's a APBT (I hope I'm using that right). So I thought I might find a forum of people who deal with these same types of situations. Plus it has been a long time since I've done obedience classes or have had a teenager dog (Boo is approx 1 year old) and I love to read so here I am!

So far what I love about Boo is how much she loves to be around her people, how much she wants to please, her snuggly and goofy mannerisms. I can't wait to start obedience classes with her but am not able to until January due to not being able to find classes that start around the holiday season. I would eventually love to do agility with her.

Cooper is also an amazing dog whom I love to pieces. He passed his CGC test years ago. He loves riding on the boat or car and being lazy around the house.

Other interests I have are spending time with my kiddos, I have a 15 year old boy and a 4 year old boy (my only planned kids are my dogs :) ). I love to draw, fish, boat, camp, hike ride my motorcycle, read, bake, am addicted to tattoos and chocolate.

I look forward to being here and learning more :)

Boo

Boo and Zayden

Boo and Cooper Spooning

Cooper

Me :headbang: :hi
BullyBoo
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi!

Postby Novy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Welcome. How much does Boo weigh? She looks pretty big next to Cooper.

IMO, Boo has a very boxer looking head.
Novy
Newborn Bully

Postby BullyBoo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Novy wrote:Welcome. How much does Boo weigh? She looks pretty big next to Cooper.

IMO, Boo has a very boxer looking head.

Thank You! Boo weighs 55lbs but is half as tall as him. She's built like a little tank and when she gets the zoomies you really have to watch out. Cooper weighs 60lbs
BullyBoo
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:08 pm

:welcome: Thanks for adopting! She's pretty cute with that lil boxer snout :inlove:
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:08 pm

She looks part gremlin! In the cutest way possible of course. I'm surprised people look at her and think she's Pit Bull. But yes, we (some of us anyway) deal with discrimination regularly. It's tough and typically takes me off guard but all you can do is try to educate.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Apbt4life » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:44 pm

awesome dogs, thanks for rescuing.. welcome to the forum!
Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Postby Leslie H » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions