I'm getting a Pitbull. Need some advice, please.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

I'm getting a Pitbull. Need some advice, please.

Postby fist9x » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here on pitbull forum and i'm from Mexico. I will get a new brand doggy friend this December. Actually he is going to be my very first dog and i want an American Pitbull and i'm reading all what i can about dogs and the respective training they need.

So, here's the thing: I'm in contact with two breeders, one of them have a cute blue nose puppy that looks very nice. He sent me the picture of his dad... this is the picture:

http://s17.postimage.org/watac5p1b/hulk.png

He told me that its an American Pitbull but actually I see something that looks some kind of unfamiliar on the shape of his head. All pitbulls a have watched look the head more like a circle and the mouth not so out.

Can you guys with the simple watch of the pic can tell me if it seems like a legit American Pitbull or its some sort of scam?

Thank you!
fist9x
Newborn Bully

Re: I'm getting a Pitbull. Need some advice, please.

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Please go to the Adoptable section and read the sticky about breeders. This will help you weed out good breeders from bad ones. Also, this dog looks to me like an out of standard American Staffordshire Terrier or possibly an American Bully. He does not look like an American Pit Bull Terrier to me. This is just my opinion though.

Have you considered adopting from a Pit Bull Rescue? I'm unsure if you have them where you live. We have them here in the USA.

Can you tell us about yourself so you can be given full access? Things like what are your hobbies, what are your goals for your new dog?

Welcome! Please read around all of the Stickies for tons more info to help you!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Also wanted to add... blue nose is not a breed, bloodline, or type of American Pit Bull Terrier. Here is a recent thread of what APBT looks like:
viewtopic.php?t=155810

Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby fist9x » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Thank you very much, sir. I apreciate the answer. Sorry for the placement of the post. I'm going to visit this place frequently. Greetings.
fist9x
Newborn Bully

Postby fist9x » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 pm

My name is Francisco José Acuña López... or Paco Acuña for short. I'm from México and I have 26 years old. I have a girlfriend with a 10 years old Schnauzer. I study for being a psychologist on the estate university and one of my personal goals is to reach financial freedom.

For my very first dog, my goal is to train him on to be the most beatiful dog and a very good friend for me and my family. Actually i'm very excited on getting him. I already discarded the option of getting the dog of the upper pic, and i separate a pitbull from another breeder, which was one of my two most important options. He was born on november 3, so a will have to wait until december 29 so he can reach his first 8 weeks. I have almost a month to prepare myself for his intense puppyhood training.

Here is a pic of my future American Pitbull Terrier:

And here is a picture of his awesome father:

Thank you for the welcome.

Greetings!
fist9x
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:30 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions