Hello!!!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello!!!!

Postby Mokey8 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

My name is Mokey. I am 27 years old, married, and my pets are my children. I write several blogs, one of which centers around my APBT mix Sana co-starring myself, hubby and other animals we have. I have always loved the breed and am an advocate in their favor. I have always wanted one since primary school when they would chase chickens around my school's field. Not once did they ever attack a person (child or adult) and they rarely even killed the chickens because they were chasing them for fun. LIke my Sana, APBT are pretty rough players so a couple were killed obviously chickens can't handle that type of play.

I have had Sana for about a year now. I got her when I heard about some available puppies a family was giving away after their house burned down. I knew right away that I was going to get one. She was in a corner by herself when I found her. Right away I knew she was going home with me. She was so scared in the car ride home she drooled all over me. Now she loves car rides although she still gets car sick if driving over a lot of hills too fast. I love her to death and she loves me to death. She is very protective of me but really a sweetheart.

I like the breed because of their strength and looks. They are such beautiful animals in my eyes when I hear such negative things about the breed I just can't help but go on defense. People misunderstand their behavior or actions or they blame what the owner is teaching them as a breed trait. If any animal or person is taught to fight they are going to fight. That doesn't mean the entire breed, race, or w/e category you want to name is like that. I guess I feel the same way being African American, people have certain false stereo-types they expect you to be. So I guess in some small way me and the APBT meet on those grounds.

I have 4 other dogs that I have rescued. My husband and I love animals. I am also in the process of founding an animal shelter alongside my husband. We live in NC which definitely needs more. I figured if I am taking in all these animals of my free will I might as well make a shelter where I can find good homes for them and educate people at the same time. I am not planning on being breed specific but I have made it clear that I will not reject an APBT because of its breed. If you are interested please visit http://www.daemonssanctuary.org for more information. Also if you want to read and follow Sana's blog please visit http://www.sanaandfriends.blogspot.com

Here is a couple pics of Sana
Mokey8
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello!!!!

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you here and thank you for helping where you can. I hope you enjoy it here. Once you are approved to the board, the dogs you have available for adoption can go in the adoptable section, but you need to ensure they are spay/neutered, vaccinated, etc before posting them.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Apbt4life » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 am

Welcome!!
Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Postby Leslie H » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:50 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Hi and welcome.
I'm speaking for myself, though I know many others here and elsewhere feel the same way, but just as retrievers want to retrieve, and terriers want to catch rodents, many APBT are aggressive towards other dogs, even though they were never encouraged to fight.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions