Is this normal for a neuter *graphic image*

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Is this normal for a neuter *graphic image*

Postby Boss*sMom » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Boss got neutered yesterday and I picked him up at 8ish this morning. I am wondering if his stuff is "normal" right now. I have to go back to the clinic today to pick up my foster dog (he got neutered this morning).

I don't know what that red stuff is, maybe iodine or something? I recall our last foster having red on her belly, but she was spayed.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Re: Is this normal for a neuter *graphic image*

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 pm

That's bruising. :( Poor guy. I would have it checked out just to be safe.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Boss*sMom » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Yup brusing. Got antibiotics and come back in a week to have it looked at

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Enigma » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 pm

How old is he? The older the dog, the more invasive the neuter is in my experience. My foster Gucci was bruised like that, but he had a big incision, they took off more skin (he was neutered at 6 years old). Oh an my sister's boxer was also bruised, plus he was quite swollen. The vet said he had really big testicles that's why his neuter took a bit longer than usual (he was neutered at 3 years old). With younger males it's a bit easier procedure and they rarely bruise in my experience with fosters.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Boss*sMom » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Boss is 19 months. He seems to be in no pain, a bit loopy from the drugs. We just had our Christmas tonight, and he got all of his presents. He is so happy, has them all around him in his crate sleeping. His sac is more swolen now but the vet said to expect that.

The foster dog is crying because he has to wear the cone, but if I take it off he goes straight to licking! Boss doesn't have his on now but I will but it on before we go to bed. Other than the cone, the foster is acting like nothing is different.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:55 pm

This sucks. Foster dog is out of it on his meds, boss can't get more meds until 8PM and he is already crying :( he just got meds at 12.... He is also panting like he is hot but it is freezing outside and warm in here, not hot.

And foster dog broke his cone :/
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Breezy833 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 am

Thats what Appa looked like too.. But it took about a day for the bruises to show completely. He cried a lot, but i think it had more to do with confusion from the drugs than it did pain. In the mean time , my parents stayed with him while i was at work to make sure he was comfy. Hope Boss has a speedy recovery ! :run:
Breezy833
Adolescent Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:03 pm

It's not normal, but it's not abnormal either... It's bruising, most likely because there were some vessels beneath the skin that oozed. As long as boss is comfortable and there is not any heat, swelling or discharge and it doesn't get worse, it should be ok to monitor VERY closely... If you are going to be at the vet anyway, I'd take him with you to have a tech or doctor take a quick peek.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues