Greetings from the great Sonoran Desert of Tucson!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings from the great Sonoran Desert of Tucson!

Postby 1ProudPitPapa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:59 am

Hello everyone, my name is Patrick. I am the very proud papa of my three Pit Bulls; Vegas (80lbs), Valentine (60 lbs.) and Voodoo (40 lbs.) Vegas is a purebred PBT. Valentine is more than likely a Pit mix and she is the one that calls the shots when I'm not. Voodoo was found and rescued from an extremely busy intersection. I honestly have no idea what breed he may be. He could be a Staffordshire Terrier, a runt, or a Pit mix. In the end, it doesn't really matter. They're all my family, and for me, that's all that counts. My first Pit was a 55 lb., red AmStaff named Bull, and he opened my eyes to how wonderful and amazing these dogs are. I will never own another breed!

I am 43 years old and I have a form of Muscular Dystrophy called Charcot-Marie-Tooth. I have also recently been divorced and laid-off, (it's been a bad year), and I have leaned heavily on my Pits to get me through these challenges. Of course, throughout the emotional roller-coaster I was on, my dogs never complained and were more than happy to do anything they could for me. The strife I've had to deal with has most definitely brought me even closer to my babies, which I didn't think was possible.

I ended up here because I am considering getting a blue, female Pit puppy to add to my pack. I have heard a lot of conflicting opinions on whether or not that's a good idea, so I'm hoping to meet people that have had multi-Pit households, as well as educate myself further on the breed. Yo can never know enough about these amazing dogs!
1ProudPitPapa
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings from the great Sonoran Desert of Tucson!

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi there! There are tons of info here to help you out...anything from multi dog households, training techniques, and many more. You will find most useful info in the Training and General sections. Many of us here have multi dog homes, and it all comes down to proper management to keep things peachy :)

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck this year. Just curious, if you are laid off, do you think this would be a good time to add another? How will you support another mouth and all of the extra expenses that come with getting a puppy?
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby 1ProudPitPapa » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Looking forward to interacting with the members here!

Thanks for your concern about my personal/financial situation. I mainly mentioned that because of some of the challenges that my dogs have helped me with, and how it's made us even closer. Plus, there are some issues with my physical sittuation that I am looking to get input on as well, since I no longer have anyone else living in this house. As far as the financial responsibilities, it isn't an issue. I would never bring in any animal if I couldn't care for them in any way.

Thanks for the welcome!
1ProudPitPapa
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:17 am

Welcome and I hope 2013 brings you good things!

As far as adding a new pup, you'll be able to access a ton of good info soon and get the opinions of people in multidog situations as to the pros and cons.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:11 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions