Greetings from California

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings from California

Postby bully480 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello All,

Billy here, married, 3 kids under the age of 13. We're waiting on our first "family" pet, adoption took place yesterday 12/21. Chocolate brown, 2 months old, was picked up as a stray. The kids are excited to be first time pet owners and although I am familiar with the breed having owned over 4 myself, my wife is not and it has been over 12 years since I last owned one.

We haven't been able to socialize with our new pup, we'll be picking up from the shelter on 12/26. I do have a few concerns, the main one dealing with one of his paws. The vet at the shelter called it "Severe Carpal Laxity", we did research this on our own, and most of the sites assure that with a healthy diet and regular exercise this problem should fix itself. We were also told that because of this problem, most people did not want to adopt him. We consider ourselves lucky to find a pup this age, and the problem with his paw is not a big issue, but we could definitely use some pointers as to how we can deal with it once he is home.

My wife is interested in training the puppy, she's a first time bully mommy and needs all the pointers she can get because she will be the one who spends the majority of the day with our pup. :nana:
bully480
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings from California

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:33 am

Welcome and thank you for adopting!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:02 am

Welcome and thank you for adopting! Please check out our health and training sections for tips to help you with the pup.

I will approve you to the rest of the board when I get on my computer later, unless another Mod beats me to it...

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby bully480 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Adopting was the only way to go for us and I think the fact that he had this growth defect sealed the deal after the woman at the shelter told me it was highly likly that my litle guy would end up spending his last days there,If you could get me access to post as soon as you can I would appreciate it I'm eagar to get some advice on getting him healthy
bully480
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Awww I think you and your wife will fit in great here. I'll be at my computer in a couple of hours to approve you. I'm out doing last minute Xmas errands now lol

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions