Hello from VA!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from VA!

Postby SQLGooner » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Steve and I am a SQL DBA and die-hard Arsenal FC fan (hence the SQLGooner). My fiance, Rene, and I just adopted our 4th dog, a beautiful Pitbull rescue. We have two miniature Dachshunds, a (what we presume) lab-pit mix, and our pitbull. You can see pictures below of all of them knocked out on the couch.

Rene has had our oldest dog, Chloe, for almost 16 years and Abby (the other weiner) for almost 3 years. Abby is ~11 years of age and is a rescue. Cici was passed around the family before we dog sat her in between a house move. We never knew her story until we took care of her. Needless to say when I met her I fell in love and since no one seemed to want to claim her, we took her in. She was originally found in Florida roaming the streets as a puppy. She's now ~ 3 years of age. She's a wonderful dog, but as you can guess the weiners wanted nothing to do with her when it came time to play. We recognized her wanting a companion so we starting trying to figure out what would be best. Our concern with bringing in another dog was how they would be with the small (~13lbs) weiners.

We considered a few options until Rene landed on the VBAC&AC website (http://www.beachpetpals.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). We fell in love with every dog on the site and immediately took the drive down. We met a few dogs and really took to one. We brough two of our dogs back the next day for a meet and greet that unfortunately didn't work out. Thankfully one of the girls informed of us Kenya who was surrendered by her owner due to a previous dog not getting along with her. She spent 6 months at VBAC&AC and was rescued by K9 Justice League (http://www.k9justiceleague.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). She was fosted into a home with a Dachshund and a Lab-Pit mix. We saw pictures of her and immediately went to see her.

We scheduled a meet and greet in home the following week and have since had her in our home. She's become best friends with Cici and she doesn't bother the weiners at all. her name is now Kenna as we weren't too fond of Kenya.

Since rescuing herI have been concerned about her weight and also trying to provide a better quality life in general for all of the dogs. I have since switched to Blue Buffalo Life-Protection Adult Healthy weight. I do worry that healthy weight may be counter productive with Kenna as she lost so much weight when she was in the AC facility. She's nothing but energy. She's extremely fast and agile when she plays in the backyard. I signed up here hoping to find good information for her diet and nutrition along with information to help keep her active and stimulated. We plan on enrolling Cici & Kenna in basic classes is they get a little too excited and could both use some obedience training along with me learning how to teach them better.

Now for a few pics:

Kenna & Chloe

Chloe, Abby, and Cici

SQLGooner
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from VA!

Postby SQLGooner » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Not sure what happened to those links in the first post... I do apologize.
SQLGooner
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from VA!

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Welcome neighbor and fellow IT nerd! Thank you for adopting. I do hope you enjoy it here. Please cruise around the forum and check out all of the stickies in each section to help you out. There are many posts here on proper diets and weight that could help you.

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions