Hello to all!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello to all!

Postby Mauvey08 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Hello everyone! :hi
I'm a proud new guardian to a 2 yr old adopted from a Berkeley, Ca shelter.
I was a new volunteer walker and just fell in love and bonded with our guy. Onyx is my first pit but i am not necessarily a newbie to dog ownership. Still it is great to find a network of people who have experience and understand more so looking forward to garnering some advise and insight to being a pit mom.
We are about ready to celebrate the new year and looking forward to 2013!
Mauvey08
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello to all!

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Welcome! Thank you for adopting AND for helping your local shelter! Can you tell us more about yourself? There's a sample at the top of this section to help you out.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Mauvey08 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Hello again!
My name is Meyviline out of East Bay Ca. I'm a 30 something gal who just made a new adoptee a part of our family. Fairly new to the APBT breed but not to dogs but I'm certainly re-learning how to be a parent to one since it has been awhile from our previous one. People have asked why a Pit...well I wasn't even intending to adopt when I started volunteering but sometimes your heart leads the way. Fell in love with the dog never mind the breed! He is beautiful and quite a personality although i have to admit not without his issues. Luckily, coming from a shelter with ties to Bad Rap we have unlimited access to Pit Ed classes every week. Have tried to be dedicated to going each week for the past 3 months. I really want to do right by him and make him an "ambassadog!" We would like to get to the point of earning our CGC! So here I am looking to relate and bounce off ideas, advise, support and be supported by like minded people. With BSL and stereotypes being unfairly perpetuated it helps to have somewhere to turn to.
Btw we like to take long walks on a suny day and long naps on a rainy one! I will post a pic soon!
Mauvey08
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:54 am

Wow! You are def in good hands! I can't wait to hear of the progress you 2 make!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions