Hello from Arkansas!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Arkansas!

Postby btpete » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Hello! My husband and I rescued a part-pit and part-lab (we think) from a shelter almost two years ago, we named her Murphy. We also have a weenie-mix and corgi-french bulldog mix we rescued in the years before. Murphy is pretty frightful, but man oh man is she smart. If you work with her, she'll learn a new trick or behavior in an hour, it's amazing. She loves walks, hikes, swimming, disc, and cuddling.

We keep her separate from out other two dogs. A couple of months after getting her, she and our weenie started physically fighting. It was horrible. They fought to the point of drawing blood and our weenie was pretty injured. Ultimately, I think she got too big to play with the weenie dog, who started getting defensive. Now we keep them separate all the time, which is a lot easier than we thought it would be. We work with Murphy a lot and are looking forward to bringing her to a fearful dog agility class this March. She's going to rock it!
btpete
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Arkansas!

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Thank you for being responsible and realizing that crate/rotate isn't a bad thing! Please read all stickies at the tops of each section before posting.

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions