Hello from AZ

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from AZ

Postby srichmond » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Shay and I just rescued a 2 month old little pittie girl who i named Isis. I have had pits before but not for a few years, my last one passed away. Anyway having a puppy is great I forgot how much I love having a puppy in the house. She is full of life and energy and makes me smile all the time. I have a few questions and am in need of a little guidance as its been awhile since I have had a dog in my home so any and all tips and info is welcomed! Ill post a pic of her as soon as I can figure out how.
srichmond
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from AZ

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi there! Thanks for taking her in! We have another member here with a dog named Isis, beautiful name. Can you post a little more about yourself? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby srichmond » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi Curly-

Sure I can. Like I said my name is Shay, I am 32 yrs old and I live with my partner in Phx, AZ. I have lived here for about 6 yrs and moved here from UT. Was tired of the snow! I have owned 1 other pit besides Isis her name was Maya. I rescued Maya when she was 5 months old not knowing anything about the breed but falling in love with her personality and her charm. I took her home and it was smooth sailing, she was the easiest dog I had ever had and so much fun, she loved swimming, camping, hiking anything outside! Maya passed away about 4 years ago when my nephew opened the front door maya got out and she got hit by a car, she was hurt to bad so the vet put her down.

So Isis came into my life 2 short days ago. I live in central phoenix and was out on my nightly bike ride with my partner when we were crusing along talking and we heard a noise coming from a box near a dumpster. I thought wow that was weird and we went about our ride, we got about 1 mile down the street when I said to, honey we need to turn around and go back to that box so we did. Low and behold there was a very hungry and very scared puppy in the box. I picked her up and held her close and cried. I couldn't imagine anyone doing this to a puppy. So I took her to the vet had her checked out and given her shots and she seems to be doing well but she is real skinny, I can see her ribs and her hip bones.

Anyway, I came here for some guidance and insight to raising a puppy and to meet some new friends who share the same love for animals as I do.

Shay
srichmond
Newborn Bully

Postby srichmond » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Here is a pic of Isis. Not the greatest but ill get some better ones.

srichmond
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Oh my, bless your heart! She does look awefully under-weight in that pic. Please read all of the stickies in each section for things to help you out, and also for some general knowledge before posting elsewhere in the forum. I can't wait to watch her blossom! Please post pics of her and her progress in the Gallery and/or Training section. We'd love to watch her grow up :)

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions