Hello new here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
safesinger
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello new here

Postby safesinger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 am

When I went to get my 2nd Staff I found a kennel here in Florida she was a lady who showed her dogs. But anyhow when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the different sizes and looks of each staff they varied greatly. I can't see your pup but they can be quite small but we'll built. My 1st Staffordshire bull terrier he only weighed 36lbs. Although different than a am staff its still from same line. Most call these breeds pit bulls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

safesinger
Newborn Bully

Postby safesinger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 am

From what I remember the dog she was showing at that time wasn't big at all. I always assumed before that a real pit bull is big! To correct myself here she was showing amstaffs. Not staff bulls. Anyhow I was surprised to learn that show dogs aren't always the large big pits you see in pictures and some Web pages.

safesinger
Newborn Bully

Postby safesinger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 am

As long as she fits your lifestyle and you give her lots of love that's all that matters. I've seen some terrible cruelty to this breed its really sad every pup/dog deserves a loving home. No matter what breed or mixed.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Welcome! Can you tell us some about yourself? There's a sample sticky at the top of this page to help you with photos. I use photobucket via computer and Tapatalk via my phone to upload pics.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 pm

welcome julez 8)

safesinger
Newborn Bully

Postby safesinger » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm

She looks like a Staffy to me. Their ears can be half pricked or full pricked naturally. It's hard to give a 100% yes on breed type by eye verification. Some lines aren't super stocky they can be slim but stocky or short and very stocky. That's one of the things I love about the breed they do vary. I'm not a UKC or AKC member or judge but have been around the breed my whole life. I seen back yard breeders dogs & litters &, show stock Staffs. Always had a pretty good eye for identification if it's mixed or full. Of course pictures aren't always a good representation.

safesinger
Newborn Bully

Postby safesinger » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Like I said hard to really tell by pics. And without papers or dna testing you really can never say for sure.

safesinger
Newborn Bully

Postby safesinger » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:50 pm

I had a friend show me his Staff and I said it's mixed. He had papers even and I still felt it had something else in it. To me if a staff is to tall or plain just to big isn't a good example of the breed.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:10 am

Cute dogs...I love the ears on the black one!

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”