Lumps on my APBT

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Lumps on my APBT

Postby mhocker10 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:04 am

Kanobi was treated for a skin condition with Clavamox for 14 days about 2 weeks prior to us adopting him. The scabs cleared up and he was fine. About 6 weeks ago I had him on NV Salmon and the bumps slowly started to return. I took him off the Salmon and put him on NV Rabbit thinking the bumps were an allergy response. He rotated to NV Beef and Lamb and the bumps remain. I treated him for 10 days with Clavamox and all but the bump on his head disappeared. The bump on his head is about the size of a nickel, gets crusty, bleeds and then scabs over but hasnt shrunk at all.

any ideas on what his condition might be prior to going to the vet?

I'll try to get a pic posted today.
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Re: Lumps on my APBT

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 am

Could be lots of things - even a vet can't diagnose it without seeing the dog (and possibly performing skin cytology).

Sorry, but you need to see the vet.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby mhocker10 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 pm

saw the vet today, cytology came back histiocytoma... he said barring infection, the lump/s should regress in a few months. If not.. then we have the option of removal.
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 pm

mhocker10 wrote:saw the vet today, cytology came back histiocytoma... he said barring infection, the lump/s should regress in a few months. If not.. then we have the option of removal.

Oh fantastic - at least its nothing to worry about!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby mhocker10 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 pm

about a week after the vet visit the lump on Kanobis head started to regress.. it is all but gone now and should start to regrow the fur there. the 1 on his left hind leg has stopped growing and hopefully will also regress soon.
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues