Starting PMR-- Questions

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Starting PMR-- Questions

Postby vicarious » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 pm

So I am beginning PMR at the end of this month. I found a great supplier with reasonable prices and odd meat items (beef tongues, lungs, testicles, penis, tripe etc.... all free range, FDA inspected, grass fed).
I was just wondering what your opinions are on kijiji scores? Is there a risk? There are people like ones on this website- www.doghatersunite.com and I wonder if it is risky to take meat when there are people like this in the world.
I have someone offering me around 50 pounds of elk/moose meat as well as someone who just butchered a cow and has two garbage bags full of scraps. Should I? Is there any questions I could ask to assure safety? Thanks for any/all input :bowdown:
vicarious
Newborn Bully

Re: Starting PMR-- Questions

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 am

I've never posted looking for free meat other than from friends of mine. I've thought about it. I do know quite a bit of people do it though with no problem. I have to say I have wondered or worried that some nut would poison it or something. Although I generally think the worst of people...lol

I would probably just make sure it smells normal and check it over for any foreign items. That seems like a good score!
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues