hi from the Philippines

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hi from the Philippines

Postby puertoprincess » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 am

Hi everyone! I'm May from the Philippines. I live in Palawan and I have a 4 month old pitbull-bullmastiff mix, Durris. I have two other dogs, a mongrel named Snoopy ( I call her Ms. Snooty, cause she can be snooty at times) and Lobo, a 3 year old bullmastiff. Lobo is Durris's dad. We are getting better with the integration and hopefully all 3 dogs will soon be able to play together.

My problem is Durris. I know I shouldn't compare dogs, but I never had this much problem with the older dogs! He likes to pull and bite the lead. I am redirecting with toys and by going in a different direction while walking to keep him from pulling. I am scared because now he growls when I take the lead out of his mouth. I make him sit and trade with a toy, sometimes I am successful, most of the time I end up with a tug of war with him which I know is bad. He is growing so fast. If I don't sort out my problems with him now am going to have bigger problems when he gets bigger.

The exercise that he gets is play time and some walk around the yard. I have read that puppies shouldn't be exercised extensively cause of their joints. Believe me, I am so tempted to put him on a running machine to tire him out and maybe he'll get less hyperactive.

I am really lost and don't know what to do. Hope some of you can help me. thanks and God bless!
puertoprincess
Newborn Bully

Re: hi from the Philippines

Postby Leslie H » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi May, could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum. It sounds like you have your hands full, though it could just be typical rambunctious puppy behavior.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby CallSignOWL » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:08 pm

hi there! :hi
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully

Postby puertoprincess » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 am

Hi Leslie H and CallsignOwl! I saw the sample and here goes :)
I'm 34 years old and I live with my partner. He is British and works in Kazakhstan. He is home every other month so the bulk of dog training and whatever else is on me. I like food so much I made a home based business out of it! I make dim sum and other dishes. We also have a farm about 30 mins away from where we live. We raise goats and grow coconuts there. Would love to take the dogs there, but with the problems am having now I don't think that will happen anytime soon. We just moved into our new house so aside from the dogs, landscaping the ground takes up my time.

hope to hear from you guys soon :)
puertoprincess
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions