hello from scotland

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hello from scotland

Postby Dr3w » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 am

good day dear forum users

my name is Drew, a 30yr old married father of one
currently living in glasgow scotland

i am the very proud owner of a 2yr old staffordshire bull terrier bitch that goes by the name roxy (which seems a fairly common name on here!)

i have always loved these dogs since i first saw the film "ghostdog" and there was an adorable dog that sat on the park bench with forest whitaker as he ate his ice cream

years later my wife and i decided to get a dog and started looking in the shelters and dog trust homes
we knew we wanted a staffy and one as young as possible so we could fully train it - this was really important as we were planning to start a family and wanted the dog around children as much as possible prior to a baby coming along

the youngest dog we found was a year and half old little timid thing called cookie, but on speaking to the staff they said she hadnt been good with children or other dogs with the previous owner

in the end we visited a breeder and purchased our 8weeks old pup roxy
she was the only bitch left of the litter and was so adorable we couldnt resist

this was her on her first day home

the affection, loyalty, strength and overall happiness this breed has makes it such a great choice

everyone loves my dog, and the way she runs up to them and rolls onto her back like a big hussy wanting her belly rubbed
it always makes people smile- and one old gent i meet on the walks said that no other dog makes him feel as loved as when roxy slides up to him bully up, tail wagging

other than being a father, husband and dog lover- i work as a commercial CGI artist, making computer game trailers and adverts mainly
the company site can be found here with lots of our recent complete projects
http://www.axisanimation.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i am also a keen painter and photographer- some more of my photos can be found here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/im-dr3w/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i look forward to joining this forum and any further information required just let me know
Drew (and roxy)
Dr3w
Newborn Bully

Re: hello from scotland

Postby CallSignOWL » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 am

cute pup!

:hi
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully

Re: hello from scotland

Postby Leslie H » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 pm

:modwelcomeonly1: