Admiral NEED DONATIONS- NoVA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Admiral NEED DONATIONS- NoVA

Postby aznchipmunk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 pm

This poor baby was found tied to a tree and abandoned with a broken femur bone. A good Samaritan brought him to the shelter where surgery was performed to try to repair the old break and staff nursed him back to health.

We are hoping he will regain some use of his leg with crate rest, rehab, and TLC. As you can see, he is also very underweight. Admiral is settling into his foster home and is an absolute love. He was a shelter favorite and we have a feeling he will be a rescue favorite as well!

To track his progress or if you would like to help donate to help his vet bills please go to:
http://ambassadorpitbulls.weebly.com/donations-for-admiral.html
aznchipmunk
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Admiral NEED DONATIONS- NoVA

Postby PitBullMom » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am

I'm Admiral's foster mom. This picture was taken at a recent adoption event. Doesn't he look awesome??? He's still pretty skinny, which the vet says is ideal for now because his leg is really weak. His FHO surgery healed but he's got a deep infection in his pelvic bones. He's on a ton of antibiotics and pain meds, but he's still a mostly happy guy. He hogs the bed and invites himself to sit on you if you're trying to relax. He's also got some separation anxiety, which I guess is understandable, given that he was abandoned with a broken leg, tied to a tree.

He'll do great in a home with kids, dogs, and small critters. I have rabbits and he shows mild interest in them but isn't prey driven at all. He's mostly just curious.

He's extremely sensitive and responds immediately to verbal correction. He hates being crated, but he does get crated at my house when I'm not home. I hope the person who adopts him is the kind that works from home and takes him with them most everywhere they go.
PitBullMom
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs