Hello from Daisy and Me

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Daisy and Me

Postby dog nanny » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Daisy is my Bully dog. I was looking for a Boxer mix to be a companion to my other Boxer mix, and I got her from a no-kill rescue group who fosters dogs from shelters to save them from euthanasia. Her foster mom insisted that she was not a pit bull, even though some of her papers said she was a pit bull, and she IS a pit bull mix, at least, but I said I didn't care what she was. I think know that maybe they wanted to protect us in case BSL rears its ugly head where we live.

That was five years ago, and Daisy was six months old when I brought her home. People who know I have two dogs and three cats ask for advice on how to introduce new pets to their families, but I have none to give, because it was love at first sight between Daisy and Fod, my Boxer/Greyhound. The two cats were already dog lovers, and my third cat, who came later, is a Siamese (they love dogs) who thinks he is a dog. The whole gang are adoptions or strays, and they seem to know how lucky they are to be together, and to be able to all sleep together in my bed!

My parents had a dog before I was born, and I have never been without a dog in my life. Daisy is my first Bully dog, though. I never agreed with all the bad press they receive; I always felt that it was the people who were responsible for making the dogs bad (if you want to call reacting to abuse and torment "badness"). After she had been home for a few days I sent a picture of her and Fod playing, along with a short note to her former foster mom, saying that it didn't matter if she was a pit bull, she was as sweet as she could be and was a perfect addition to our family!
dog nanny

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:05 pm

Great story!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PitBullPride

Postby Kaytlin » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:17 pm

:welcome:
Kaytlin

Postby JustALovePuppy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:04 pm

good day! and welcome!
JustALovePuppy

Postby pocketpit » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:42 pm

Welcome
pocketpit

Thanks!

Postby dog nanny » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:16 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! I love the Dogster profiles of Stitch, Gauge, Shai, and Tonka. I'm going to end up with permanenet lines in my face from smiling at all the pictures! :)
dog nanny

Re: Thanks!

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:28 pm

dog nanny wrote:Thanks for the welcomes! I love the Dogster profiles of Stitch, Gauge, Shai, and Tonka. I'm going to end up with permanenet lines in my face from smiling at all the pictures! :)

awww :oops: :oops: :oops: :))
PitBullPride

Postby tjbsandy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:33 am

Welcome to the board!
tjbsandy

Postby dog nanny » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:38 pm

Thank you! :)
dog nanny

Postby Pitt-terra » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:36 pm

:welcome: & :hi
Pitt-terra

Postby dog nanny » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:30 pm

Thank you! I love your Dogster profiles. I'll have to get mine on there some time.
dog nanny

Postby heather » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:41 pm

Welcome!! I love your story! you need to post pics soon!! :hi
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby cleokarrot » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:32 am

Fantastic story - welcome!
I have a Daisy too!
cleokarrot

Postby dog nanny » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:29 pm

Thank you guys! I'm working on pictures-hope to post some soon. I love everybody else's. I have a ridiculous urge to kiss all the noses on the screen!
dog nanny

Postby moochesmama » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:58 pm

Welcome! :))
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Next

Return to Introductions